Airtronics Blazer Sport

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs4evo

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Would it be ok to use rechargable AA batteries in my Transmitter or would there not be enough voltage? we're talking 9.6v vs 12v so I'm thinking it wouldnt be enough. i can't seem to find a recharchable pack for it even though it has a charging jack for one.

here is the deal... I just switched over to recharchable batterys in my mx-3. This is what I did. I went to wal-mart and bought the battterys they costed about 17$ And I use a rc battery charge to charge them. You could buy the charger with the batterys but it would cost alot more. I can run a few hours on my batterys before my radio starts to beep(from a low battery) I also keep 8 brand new batterys in my pit box just incase. Also I think the blazer has a removeable battery holder... I am trying to remove my from my blazer sport but I can't If you can remove the tray then you can use this. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLVB0&P=7

well, i got the battery tray out, and the wires are soldered to it, you would have to solder on a connector to plug the battery in. to get the tray out tough, just take the three bottom screws out and kinda pry the bottom apart enough to wiggle the tray loose. but, AA rechargables would work, just less run time?...cool. i'd like to get away from alkalines completely

like i said I use something like this http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4291462
Mine are NIMH I think this is a must have and at 2500mah (THe higher the better) From what I have read this will last longer(on a single charge then normal aa's will). If you go this route just remember to keep a pack of new aa's just incase you forget to charge your radio.

Back