Airplane fuel anyone use it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob D

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
was doing some more reading on web yes i have way to much time on hands since i got layed off .. and i see some people are using airplane fuel

Of course its cheeper but is it as good i see a lot of 20% is 20% is 20%...then a lot of there different if you can get a gallon of say XXX plane fuel at 20% nitro and 18%or 20% oil for 9.99

and say trinity monster fuel 20% with 12% oil (havent found it with higher oil local ) and add klotz to kick it up to 20% oil figure

22.00 for trinity and 19 for a big ole bottle of klotz

What is the difference between the 2?

All this comes up as 1 I'm out of nitro 2 no one hard any this am sold out yesterday they said course it was 55 here so i can see why everyone was out running

Sorry so long winded

Rob

I've seen it... a .15 with I think it was 40% I dunno it was yellow tho... The engine actually liked it... Most powerful .15 I ever seen. Though after talking to the guy, he said his engines last maybe 3 races. That's only about 2 hours of life... I was to stupid to remeber to ask what fuel. I did see on the bottle where it said "For R/C Airplanes or Boats only, do not use in cars or helicopters" It was a clear bottle with white writing. And it was in his.. Suitcase... I think he was too cheap to buy a pit bag. :D

I'm not sure, I've never tried it, but unless youve got an engine that you dont care about blowing, i dont think you should. the bottles of car gas say "not for use in boats or planes" and the boat/plane gas says "not for use in cars". those lables must be there for a reason.

but hey! you never know! you might get crazy horsepower or something.

check the amounts each ingrediant in it. if its acceptable for your engine its fine.