Aircraft linkages

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z400

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey everyone

I'm trying to find some linkage for my bb revo.

and I'm looking at airplane linkage, since its pretty much the easiest thing to find linkage wise when u need it in a longer length.

what I'm wondering is, is strength wise.

2-56?
4-40?
6-32?

what do these numbers mean?

what do you think is stronger then the stock traxxas revo linkage?

I'm not sure what the stock linkage is classified as number wise.

but i need some strength and something that wont flex as much.

thanks

Z

The numbers you have posted are machine screw threads. The smaller the number, the smaller the thickness. The second number being threads per inch.
Not sure what you're trying to do as far as airplane linkages, but at your LHS you can ask for piano wire, and pick out the gauge you want and then make your own.

I think what you're looking for is linkage rods that are threaded on one end so you can thread on a clevis connector. That would mean that the #6 size is the largest and also the strongest size, and needs the connectors in the same thread #.
The other end would either need to be threaded the same, or you could use a solder on clevis or create a Z-bend.
You could also get a pair of pliers whose sole purpose is for making Z-bends, and make any size linkages you want in any gauge of wire.

i need the linkage to make my throttle linkage on my big block revo, as the linkage supplied with my big block mount is to weak and flexs to much for my carb to open up all the way.

In the airplane parts department you'll find everything you need. Some of the part names escape me, but if you describe them, they will know what you need.
You can get piano wire (unthreaded) in any gauge you want and then add connectors that lock into the servo arm and have a hole and a set screw to adjust and lock in the length of the rod. The connectors are usually brass with a hex head grub screw on the top to lock down on the wire.
I'm going to take a quick look through my plane parts and see if I have one I can show you with a pic.

oh i know how ot use the linkage and how to set it up, I'm just looking for something much stronger

I just shot some pics, but I guess you wont need them, so, it's just a matter of going to the hobby shop and getting the right rod.
You can also get a snug fitting brass tube, slide the rod inside it, run some super glue or solder in the ends, and it will be absolutely rigid and unable to bend.
Don't go end to end with the tube, leave yourself an inch or more for the Z-bend or connector. It's just the bow in the middle you want to stop.

Last edited:
thats a frikken good idea!

wow.. never thought of that

If you're looking for something that's stronger than stock go with 4-40. I've done exactly what Rolex mentioned... with Dubro brass ends soldered to 4-40 rod. Works great!

Back