air in fuel pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrowbotham

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
my car starts fine when I start it for the first time in a day and it drives well, but after a while it loses power and doesn't move. it then cuts out. when I look at the fuel pipe, it has air bubbles in it. when I blow on the air pipe connected to the fuel tank, the fuel flows to the carb and than shoots back down the fuel pipe again.
can anyone help??

It sounds like there might be a leak in the fuel line. Try replacing the line from the tank to the carb.

my car starts fine when I start it for the first time in a day and it drives well, but after a while it loses power and doesn't move. it then cuts out. when I look at the fuel pipe, it has air bubbles in it. when I blow on the air pipe connected to the fuel tank, the fuel flows to the carb and than shoots back down the fuel pipe again.
can anyone help??

I think that your mixture is too lean and after the first run your engine is so hot it won't make power.

Try richening the high speed needle and see if that solves your problem. When the engine gets super hot it will vapor lock which causes the fuel in the fuel line next to the carburetor to vaporize and become a gas. This could be what is causing the bubbles in your line.

Lee