Aftershock Recoil Starter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NATAREM

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I need a bit of help with my aftershock's recoil starter. I'm running the stock M26SS engine and aside from being a nightmare to start, the recoil starter would ocassionally lose tension and it feels like I'm pulling air. Is this something to do with my engine's one way bearing and what can I do to tackle this problem?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
it is the owb i had the same problem.you need to take it out and clean it in denatured alcohol and you will be good to go.....

it is the owb i had the same problem.you need to take it out and clean it in denatured alcohol and you will be good to go.....

Thanks nitrogator. I've just finished the break-in process actually, hence why I've been quite reluctant at messing up with the internals. But it looks like there's no other way.

It's not uncommon for this to happen shorty after break in, since it runs so rich. Just make sure you also clean the shaft as well with the DA.

actually dont even bother replacing the pullstart just go buy a spin start for it!!!

you will never have problems again, if at all very little

the aftershock comes with pull or spin setup

they do now???

i thought the raminator was the only one with the combo?

cause the mega baja comes with just pull as the same for the aftershock, but that was how they were when they came out...

so losi changed it up???

still i say just go with the origional spin start

yes my aftershock has the combo and afterbreak in i just cleaned the owb and it pulls great...i now only use the roto start

my mega baja only has the roto start...i can swap for the combo starter since my truck also has te m26ss right?

make sure the owb isnt cracked when you pull it out. this may not be a common problem but i ran into it alot when i got my aftershock. after i put in the LRP .28 spec 3 i havent had a problem.

I spray WD-40 in the engine and work the pull start, and it get the OWB working again. It is a lot easier than pulling everything apart. open the throttle to get it started easier. Just ease out of the throttle so it don't launch on you.

its not a great idea to start an engine WOT. most manuals say no more than about 1/4 open is the max to start.

Back