AE.28 PRO Started/Ran Great , Not So Much Now... Ideas?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could the bearings be wore out causing a bad enough leak to keep it from running?

^^That could be very likely

Also, I've never been a fan of those primer bulbs, whether on the tank or inline, they always seemed to be a source of issues. I just use put a finger over the stinger for a couple pulls (spins if roto start equipped) till I see fuel reach the carb. Air leaks can be the biggest PITA in all of nitro IMO.

Hell of an idea but I only have enough length if the nipple on the carb faced towards it.

Time to read up on carb rebuilds as well so I can check that off the list. Time to reseal the carb and face the nipple towards my tank.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought if you were going from 20% to 30% you would need to add another gasket or 2 to the head. Air could be leaking through the head. Maybe thats what you heard when it stalled out?

Not sure though, I don't have near the amount of experience that a lot of people do on this site. But I'm slowly learning.

Ran good and I can swear it made a slight pressure release (pfff) sound exactly as she died. Was a quick sound too, dont remember other nitros killing like that.

What signs show bad bearings inside the mill? Guess ill have to tear my fresh sealed milled open again.... Unless I dont have to..

Also did a straigh fuel line instead of the primer bulb setup, still didnt show interest in starting...

I have faith I can fix it, if I do I will know a lot more about nitro engines. Lol

I would think a bad bearing would have caused a blown engine as it would have sent fragments throughout the internals and cause a detonation. The fact you have compression makes me think otherwise. Have you tried a different ignighter? It may sound stupid but I've had them go bad before as well

I dont think its my ignitor, it makes about 98% of the plug coil light up as ot should.

Is the entire coil in the plug supposed to glow?

I would think a bad bearing would have caused a blown engine as it would have sent fragments throughout the internals and cause a detonation. The fact you have compression makes me think otherwise. Have you tried a different ignighter? It may sound stupid but I've had them go bad before as well

bearings can wear out without coming apart, it will cause an air leak.