AE 2.4 GHz System

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

healthyfatboy

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I posted in the electronics section but that doesn't seem to get as much traffic as the SC10 section so I thought I would try here. I have considered picking up the Rockstar RTR SC10 with the 2.4 GHz radio system to keep the radio as a backup. I'm currently running a DX3S and would rather run a 2.4 GHz when my friends run so I figured this could be a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. How has the AE radio worked out for you guys?

I posted in the electronics section but that doesn't seem to get as much traffic as the SC10 section so I thought I would try here. I have considered picking up the Rockstar RTR SC10 with the 2.4 GHz radio system to keep the radio as a backup. I'm currently running a DX3S and would rather run a 2.4 GHz when my friends run so I figured this could be a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. How has the AE radio worked out for you guys?

the DX3S is 2.4 ghz.

I think I should have clarified better. I know the DX3S is 2.4 GHz but wanted a spare 2.4 radio since I'm using the Traxxas 27 MHz right now in my other truck.

I tried the RC10 with the included 2.4 GHz system (XP3-SS), and the truck seemed really twitchy. I switched to my trusty 3PK with zero settings, and it handled great. I think this has a lot to do with the XP3-SS having a short steering throw compared to other radios. There's a tension adjustment just below and to the front of the wheel, but it wont help much. . .

Good to know. Thanks for the information. Maybe I'll just pass on the radio and sell it off instead if I buy the Rockstar.

I tried the RC10 with the included 2.4 GHz system (XP3-SS), and the truck seemed really twitchy. I switched to my trusty 3PK with zero settings, and it handled great. I think this has a lot to do with the XP3-SS having a short steering throw compared to other radios. There's a tension adjustment just below and to the front of the wheel, but it wont help much. . .

Now mine hasn't given me any problems at all in my truck. The throw is quick and responsive unlike my old Blitz.

Now mine hasn't given me any problems at all in my truck. The throw is quick and responsive unlike my old Blitz.

Yeah, I'm not knockin' the XP3-SS, it's a great entry radio. I use it in my Mini-T now. It's just a little twitchy for my "panic" style of drivin'.

Yeah, I'm not knockin' the XP3-SS, it's a great entry radio. I use it in my Mini-T now. It's just a little twitchy for my "panic" style of drivin'.

I since have upgraded too, but it is a good radio for the price you pay for the whole truck. I use the radio in a car a built for my Grandson. :D

Back