advice on throttle servo ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ochana25

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey everyone so my throttle servo decided to pooch out on my frankenmax it was a spektrum one wondering a good recommended servo

to be honest I use the good old traxxas 2070/2075 servo for throttle duties on just about all my maxx/revo trucks they work great for the task and are cheap enough to keep a spare in your box

Personal choice is usually HiTec or Futaba with full metal gears. Prefer to pay a tad more and know it will last.

Given my throttle servo's double as brake servo, I tend to go for strong servo's (working on the inch ounce at 6v power) usually using the same servo as the steering. Keeping a spare in the box then becomes less to carry if both are the same.

can you send me some links on the throttle/brake servo and what you use for your steering servo, i used the tmaxx one didnt work well with the lrp and my brake setup

I have been using a cheapo, but so far they have held up perfectly.

Power HD-1501mg, 236 oz-in @ 6V, it is an analog servo but all 4 I have center like they're supposed to and have given me zero trouble, I use them for both steering and throttle/brake duties.

I'm going to buy 2 more for when I get my Revo back together.

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/HD-1501MG.html

whats the speed like on those servos nitro?? I have tried the cheap servo route before with mixed results ,the high powered one I chose for the 2.5 revo was sweet but only lasted about 12 tanks and failed ,can't really complain but to order a few more I needed to spend a min of $50us and these days the aussie dollar is poo .
I just counted the amount of 2070 trx servos I'm running in the 15 trx rigs I own ,13 and in the last 2 years 2 died . one fired in a revo for some reason and the other was crushed in a high speed stack in the embe which I recased from the fried one and still works now lol , not bad for a $20 servo....

It says a no load speed of 0.14sec@60, which is fast enough for bashing.

I've run a gallon through the trucks since I installed them and so far so good, they still whip the wheels lock to lock and center like they're supposed to on both trucks.

I have been happy with them.

Decent specs for a cheap servo for sure

Back