ADVICE on hightening my car!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leejames12

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hi there I want to raise my car as I don't like it when its close to the ground any help on this I have a nitro MT2 G3.0 :)

hi there I want to raise my car as I don't like it when its close to the ground any help on this I have a nitro MT2 G3.0 :)
You can only raise the car so much,an you have to be careful about the axle shafts ,too much highth will cause
the shafts to come out of the diff cups putting them in a bind an possibly breaking a shaft or a cup.
Usually you can raise the highth alittle by changing shock location.

if i add bigger springs will it lift it a little ?

If the shocks are already fully extended, no it won't, but if the stock springs are old and sagging it will bring it back to proper height.
If you add springs that are too long or too stiff, you'll lose a lot of control due to a hard suspension.

If you're shocks don't already have them in, you can add the spacers in between the top of the shock and the spring. They should of came with the spares kit in your car :)
spacers.jpg

If you're shocks don't already have them in, you can add the spacers in between the top of the shock and the spring. They should of came with the spares kit in your car :)
spacers.jpg
oh nice yeah got them ill look now thanks :)!!