Adjusting the Servo for the Transmission...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaeJae

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am having issues placing the position of the servo arm to the rod that pushes/pulls the piston in/out for forward and reverse. The nut came loose today while in the field and I can not find the right medium as to where the servo will shift the transmission in/out of gear. Is there any specifications regarding as such??

I am having issues placing the position of the servo arm to the rod that pushes/pulls the piston in/out for forward and reverse. The nut came loose today while in the field and I can not find the right medium as to where the servo will shift the transmission in/out of gear. Is there any specifications regarding as such??

i dont know of any specs for it but i had that issue a couple times,i just kept messing with it un til i got right spot where the servo moved the linkage fully in and out. the only advice i can offer is to put the servo horn on with no screw and try it, if it doesn't move enough readjust the horn some more and eventually you will get it it just takes time and patience. another thing to check is make sure the servo isnt stripped at all because that will limit the amount it moves as well.

Thanks for the response. I continued to make adjustments last night, and right when I thought I had it tweaked, I found out I didn't. The servo had no problems moving the piston in/out of the transmission while the car wasn't started...as soon as I started the engine....it didn't want to cooperate!! frustrating!! I have an idea, and will try it out when I have the time to get to it....on either side of the servo arm, located on the shifting rod, there is a single spring...and on the ends of the rod are collars that can be adjusted....I am thinking of moving them closer the the center (closer to the servo arm) to restrict movement--resulting in the servo having more thrust in/out of the transmission.

Back