addiction

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I can't believe how addictive R/C planes have become for me. My two Revo's and one T-maxx collect dust, and every once in a while I'll knock the dust off my Xray buggy. My hanger seems to keep growing despite the loss of seven planes during the beginning, due to real time learning and rough landings. Sims did help, but nothing beats the real thing. My electrostik has been the nicest flying plane. I've started collecting the electronics to do a EP conversion on a Giant bigstik.
This is my latest project, it's a Millennuim SSX kit with LED's so I can do some dusk/night flights:

8639301696_5a82eb6792_b.png

8638205199_5636a15701_b.png

8648975264_25ec144569_b.jpg

8648984000_52f9909606_b.jpg

8648987536_33b717bef9_b.jpg

8647877145_8310ccaaea_b.jpg

finished the LED's and covered, but this photo is before covering.

8659860869_1d986f0ee3_b.jpg

8660963012_e9ca8aa1d0_b.jpg

Last edited:
WOW on the lighting. Gotta' love doing those stick builds. There's no greater feeling of satisfaction.
In the back of the bench, isn't that the solder station that was repainted in silver gray?

It is, I use that thing for everything. It really has turned out to be a great station, must have something to do with the paint, lol

Ya man i hear ya i used to be all onroad cars but i seen a helli real cheap got it and got 3home more after it lol I'm addicted to that now I'm building my piper cub and i must say just putting it together is fun i can imagine after i can fly it will be a blast

That is going to be one bright plane! Good job on it, it looks fantastic I really want to see it with the covering on.

That is going to be one bright plane! Good job on it, it looks fantastic I really want to see it with the covering on.

Thanks.

8666485721_f36ccc95ac_b.jpg

8666489503_499c5a8f4f_b.jpg

8667593280_d272de97a1_b.jpg

Wow is right! Good job!

Looks great... What kind of, price are those build your own kits?

Sent from the woods of New England

That's incredible, well done!!

Hey,
I'm envious of your great looking model. Even though I'm not into planes, I do like this one.

Man some of you guys really go the extra mile in your models and talented building skills.
Hey Rolex?!! Awesome dedication, with many of you individuals, thanks you guys....

Thanks for sharing the pics, and keeping this hobby interesting.

Can't wait to see a video. Smile

Chas

Last edited:
Is that all you've got? You're not close to an addiction yet so go out and buy more right away! :D
I'm beyond addiction and closer to hoarder. I've got parts for planes I bought decades ago, some RC car stuff yet but that part of the addiction I got out of about 18 years back. Now the basement is crawling with boats and heli's.
I have a trailer to haul my toys with, that's when you're past the point of no return.

Hanger increased today. Giant Big stik, SU-31, and SPAD.

I'm wondering if there are any members that have stiks and have modded them.
I'm doing a EP conversion on the Giant stik (Rimfire 1.60, CC PHX edge HV80, CC pro BEC, and 12S lipo), but I've also seen a few pictures on the net of wing mods and it looks like they have just flipped the fuselage, mounted wing in the same manner(just a low wing stik now) and modified the fuselage to except the vertical stab on the new top (old bottom)

Also, since I didn’t want two red stiks I did a facelift on my electrostik:

8895582189_09c9bcd730_b.jpg

Nice checkerboard/Invasion Stripe job.

Thanks.
Unpacked and inspected my Giant stik today and I knew it was 80.5 inches, but damn it looks ginormous! It looks nice, I almost don't want to strip off the monokote, but I've never been to keep anything stock. I'm going to go with a blue fusalge, yellow main wing, vertical/ horizontal stabilizers, red, white, and blue rudder.
I'd like to get some roundles made with the blue circle, white star, and small red circle, but I haven't found a place that makes them out of Ultracote or monokote. I've only seen vinyl. Any lead?

I found a guy that made the roundels for me.
This is a nicely constructed and well put together model. I have started the process of going EP and recovering. So far I've striped the Monokote, installed blind nuts, drilled some vent holes, and cut out the battery hatch. I'll be using stand-offs for motor. I was thinking about mounting the ESC to the face of the fusalge between the stand-offs and the heat sinks of the BEC sticking out of the bottom factory hatch, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. I know I wouldn't have to worry about cooling.

Share the fun, thanks

JK6672,
I hope that you eventually will have a chance to share a vid of your fine looking Millennium SSX. That plane and its lights looks great, even just sitting still.

Chas

I need to find a camera man. I have swapped motors, ESC, added some roundels to the topside of wing, and a spinner. Looks nice. I'm unfortunately need to cut some ultracote away and fix a solder point that came lose.

Back