Acceleration problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew.Hinds10

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a T-MAXX 4907 with the 3.3 in it. I put an integy steel roll cage on it as well as an ez start control box, lights, upgraded wheelie bar wheels and some other really little stuff. And surprisingly I have more top speed than before but not enough acceleration to pull a wheelie on asphalt. It will hold a wheelie as long as you want on grass and if you hold the front wheels off the ground and gun it. But it just doesn't have the acceleration to do it by itself on asphalt. What can I do (without removing weight or losing too much top speed) to get better acceleration? I have had this truck for 3 months. (Btw I'm not new to the hobby) also sorry if this is on here more than once my app is glitching

Probably just needs some tuning. Those cage's add some significant weight also. With the extra weight of the cage you may need some more preload on your rear shocks.

it needs to loose weight. adding weight is the best way to slow it down.

Well actually it is faster than ever right now I should've said I want more torque being it accelerates quick enough

Drop a tooth or two on the CB or add a couple to the spur gear. Doing this will lower the top speed though, only thing you can do is grab a few different gearing options and find a happy medium.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Right now it has the stock clutch bell but I went from the stock 68t spur to a 54t spur so maybe like a 60t will be my happy medium

Stock spur on a 4907 is 58T; don’t think a 68T will fit. Looks like a typo to me.

The difference in torque between the 58 and 54T is negligible, and with a proper tune and slipper setting it should still pull the front wheels with ease (even with a 3.3).

You say it pulls the front wheels on grass without help? Lots of rc’s will pull the front on grass and not on asphalt/concrete. Traction and rear spring rate being the main difference.

Yeah that was a typo I meant 58t and I always tune it everytime I drive it so that's not the issue

Back