A little smoke

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M@xximillion

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was in the grass with top on, no holes for vents. I made a couple hspeed passes, got a little hot (270-300). Then I noticed a little smoke coming from the glo plug area, not much, but a little.
After that I adjusted the hsn more rich.

Cool, thanks.

I don’t know if you need to take the head off.
From what I understand, this is a relatively new engine.
A little smoke from the top of the engine can come from a loose plug or a drop of oil from removing the plug especially during or just after brake in. It can also be from clearing out a flooded engine in the past.

I went bashing at a friends house on time, I had a bunch of smoke coming from the top of the engine, I was a bit freaked out. Once I looked at what the issue was, we were all roiling on the ground. (Not a good idea) O-the smell. A clump of dried dog-do was stuck in the center of the head.

Just goes to show you. Could be anything.:ha

Yep, it was left over ARO. Did it again today so I got a good whiff.
Smells like WD-40.:cool:

Taking the head off just to inspect the top of the piston is not something to take lightly. When you put the head back on you have to careful of the copper gasket and when you tighten the head bolts, they must be tightened in a criss-cross pattern and torqued to a specific amount in lbs. with a torque wrench. Not something I want to do until it needs rebuilt.

good point e-t.... I don't like tecnical crap...
knowing my luck I would completely destroy the engine....:doh:

Yeah, I don't plan on pulling the head until I have to.:D