A few easy questions reguarding my Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acerblue

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok so... The car is back together and its now on to a few questions I notice when taking it out to start it.

#1 Fixed

#2 I put a single servo on and I think I did it backwards because the direction of steering is swaped. Whats an easy fix? I am assuming its just as simple as taking the servo off and turning it around?

#3 Dun dun dun... tunning. So I got the engine started but I am having a really hard time with it. First problem I noticed is with hitting the throttle... no power. The car didnt want to even budge until half throttle... At which point I can tell the engine is far far far from being tuned right. Now I looked in to what the factory settings on the HSN and LSN are, but what about the idle needle on the 3.3. What the heck is it supposed to be set at?

The engine temps where not getting too hot because I was able to touch the blue cylender head. Usually its a bit too hot to touch. ??????

Next, when I did get on the throttle a bit after messing with the LSN I noticed a bit more power returning HOWEVER a TON of white smoke came out the exhaust. As well as the idle sounded a bit loud compared to what I remember when I started it up my first time. Now I am assuming that the LSN has little to nothing to do with the car once its moving... so I am guessing I needed to mess with the HSN. I went through one tank just sitting around messing with the LSN and idle needle trying to get power back and get the idle sounding right but ill be honest... I am lost.

I did notice a bunch of brown oil looking crap coming out the exhaust for the first few minutes I am sure you know what what it is?

I am going to print out a little flow chart I have but still... something says I am not doing something right at this point.

#4. Engine temps. What are they supposed to be for a fine tuned 3.3? I dont have a temp gun yet but its on its way. I really would like to know.

Last edited:
First, the tires. Adjust your pillow balls to bring 'em back straight.

2nd, the steering. Flip the reverse switch on the Tx. Adjust your trim accordingly.

3rd, your tuning. Get a temp gun and lean 'er out. Sounds like it's way too rich. Temps should be between 240 and 280. Every engine is different. Adjust your hsn until you have good top end and then adjust your lsn for low-end snap. You should have about a 1 mm gap in the carb mouth when the throttle is closed. 'Bout the thickness of a credit card. Adjust idle accordingly.

Last edited:
First, the tires. Adjust your pillow balls to bring 'em back straight.

2nd, the steering. Flip the reverse switch on the Tx. Adjust your trim accordingly.

3rd, your tuning. Get a temp gun and lean 'er out. Sounds like it's way too rich. Temps should be between 240 and 280. Every engine is different. Adjust your hsn until you have good top end and then adjust your lsn for low-end snap. You should have about a 1 mm gap in the carb mouth when the throttle is closed. 'Bout the thickness of a credit card. Adjust idle accordingly.

Got the first one taken care of.

Flip the reverse switch on the Tx? What do you mean?

Thanks for the info on the tunning. Still looking for some more in depth info from other though! =)

There's little switches on the bottom of your controller. Flip the one for channel one.