A deal that I couldn't pass up!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just had to share my good fortune. Have you ever happened up on one of those deals on something that you don't really need, but you can't pass up the deal. Well I just came upon a deal like that myself. I was talking to a guy over on another forum about the aluminum servo arm on his axial. He was a nice guy and we were talking about our RC's. He happened to mention that he was cleaning out the garage and making space, and he just happened to have a crawler that wasn't getting used. He said he had a bunch of stuff, and if I wanted to buy it cheap I could have the whole mess.

Here's the best part though. He didn't have any feedback, and I wasn't just going to send someone I don't know some money and hope an RC shows up. I sent him my feedback link on here and on ebay. I told him that if he could find a way to be fair but not be stupid I would be interested. He sent me a message that I had good feedback and he trusted me, and I called and talked to him on the phone. Now for the good part: He didn't bicker or moan, he just said that he understood how I didn't want to get ripped of, and he would send me the stuff and THEN I could send the payment. So It's on the way, and I got one hell of a deal.

Axial AX-10 kit, assembled and RTR (only been used a few times because there's almost no rash)
1 Integy 55 turn motor installed, 1 BNIP
1 Dynamite Tazer ESC installed, and 1 BNIP
at least 4 battery packs
a new 27 turn motor that he had laying around (good excuse to build a scaler)
2 HiTec servos
several aluminum servo arms

How much you ask, $120 and the shipping, $150 all together. Now you see why I wouldn't send the money first. It really sounds too good to be true. I kinda wish I wouldn't have ordered a new axial kit last week, but oh well. It looks great in the pictures, but even if it's got issues, a new set of axial axles costs $120 with shipping, so I figure it's going to be hard for me to come out bad. Even if the stuff doesn't show up, I'm not out anything.

After talking to the guy, he's got a lot of toys. He has SEVERAL rather nice large scale boats, and a full size baja boat that costs more than a lot of peoples houses. It's usually people like that who buy toys they don't need and then just about give them away, so I'm hoping everything turns out for the best.

Wow, what a score and congrats. Here's hoping that all goes well with the deal.

That's just great! Nothing like being in the right place at the right time. I'm sure you'll have a package shortly.

rolex stop talking about his short package. this is a family forum.:stick:

Congrats Charlie, why don't you run across those deals when your shopping??:second_place:

Good things happen to good people. Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.

very nice. i loved the building of the crawler but then it just sat around and never got used. I know you have a rock garden going up so your taken care of. congrats man!

I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I have an everyday crawler, and I'm building an all out comp rig. I want to build a scaler, so I considred an X-Trail. However, I want to build a true scaler, and the X-Trail is more of a hybrid in my opinion.

I'm considering an RC4WD kit of one of the tamiya hilux kits. I just don't have it in my to build a ford. If Tamiya had a GM scaler, I would already have 5.

I'm considering a rock racer, or I might just save the axles and stuff for my tuber.

I'm trying to decide what to do with it.
Donate it to a real old guy that no longer has enough coordination to run nitros, but still enjoys the hobby.
Someone that has a lot of respect for you.
You are always lending a helping hand. Ya know the guy needs help...... Really needs looked after...
He's the reason they started the short bus...

I'll even pay for shipping.

J/K bro. Hell of a deal.

Looking foward to a build.

I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I have an everyday crawler, and I'm building an all out comp rig. I want to build a scaler, so I considred an X-Trail. However, I want to build a true scaler, and the X-Trail is more of a hybrid in my opinion.

I'm considering an RC4WD kit of one of the tamiya hilux kits. I just don't have it in my to build a ford. If Tamiya had a GM scaler, I would already have 5.

I'm considering a rock racer, or I might just save the axles and stuff for my tuber.

fine, i'll take it. twisting my dang arm.

pm me if you sell it though. :yes:
My flame body needs a new home

You never sold that body?? I thought you sold it. Let me know if you want to sell it, I've been regretting not buying it.

yeah i still have it. you know it was trimmed right? It looks like this now.
DSC01667.gif

its got some scratches on it and the trim job isn't perfect IMO but its good enough for a cool looking body that you can actually run.
If you want it, i'll do $25 shipped and i'll throw in that 18t battery pack as well.

Back