"70" Mph Traxxas T-maxx / 3-speed Transmission

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "70" Mph Traxxas T-maxx / 3-speed Transmission

Originally posted by 30%NitroBoy
Hummmmmm.....I saw this on FleaBay. So will that make my maxx a "Supersonic" machine??lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3182523758&category=44028
Trust me here, putting a 3 speed on a t-maxx is asking for burned up clutches or bearings, or both. I've tried it and unless you're in a really cold area running you're going to generate som much heat as a result of the additional gears restricting more air flow you'll burn up.

I personally see it as a big ass waste of money. It has a certain bling factor but for $400 I'll take a new RC please

Originally posted by Chrisk
is it possible to use this 3 speed with a .26 motor using 1/8scale gears? any way to make that work?

a little competition going on here WHO HAS THE FASTEST MT. he has a t-maxx with .26 FAST compared to my 2.5

Hey man,

I'm honeslty not sure if it would work but even if it did I can't c it working well. I'll reffer you to EP's comments here.

As for Competition. I don't c any "competing" going on here. ALlot of us are just MT fans plan and simple and who doesn't want more power if they can afford it and uuhh control it.

Oh come on, you all know if you could have your MT going 70mph you would be pitching a tent. I would anyhow.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Oh come on, you all know if you could have your MT going 70mph you would be pitching a tent. I would anyhow.

I don't know about pitching a tent (LOL) but if it was stable it would be hella fun.

Can anyone tell what I have to order to make a 3 speed t maxx conversion please and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back