"70" Mph Traxxas T-maxx / 3-speed Transmission

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm at that price is it really worth it for 30mph faster when it's not a touring car?? It's still a monster truck, are you trying to race on road with it???

I'd have to agree with StrechM on this one... If you do decide to go that route, please don't forget to record and post the awesome crash that tacos your chassis and shreds all remaining plastic parts on the beast! That would be a truly awesome crash video!

Yea I would imagine trying to make a turn at that speed... would make for a spectacular crash.... would be fun to see LOL.

that is sweet, i would get one if they did that to a savage, i would not go 70 but doing 50 would be cool

I would have to say that the tires alone would not hold up very well at 70mph.

$370 sounds a little steep. By the time it got to 70 mph the car would be out of range. I guess if you wanted to be faster then everyone else this might sound interesting, but i just laugh!

$370....good greif.
I hope there isn't too much hindsight dissapointment with that thing...

yeah i dont think i will be upgrading to that any time soon!

If you can control it at that speed then i'd get it. But I can't even control my .26 t-maxx very good yet. Hmmmmm.....70 mph......the pigs have flown.

not only are they flying but they're flying out of my arse..

Zip tie the suspension, throw some .40 size street tires on and you got one badass looking 70 mph pizza coming at ya in the local walmart parking lot.

I bet people would run and jump....

I thought some of yooz guys would enjoy the Auction but even if I had Bill Gates income I wouldn't waste my money..lol. That's a nice Tranny case and other chit but I don't think so.

My buddy says "It's really hard to control" and he can "barely control" his Maxx with Road tires and a Sirio .27 @ top speed. How the phuck are you going to control a Maxx doing 60+? It's a MT not a toruing car..lol. THe center of Gravity is way to high and the weight distribution (or lack their-of) just isn't happening.

The only way I think you could begin to control a Maxx doing 60-70+ is with perfect Camber and Toe/in out setttings, Pro-line Road Rage tires with Wide offset wheels and slammed ass suspenion VIA the UE Pro suspenion kit. Even then I wouldn't try it anywhere other then a Vaccant Airstrip.

StretchM - Lol bro.

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Zip tie the suspension, throw some .40 size street tires on and you got one badass looking 70 mph pizza coming at ya in the local walmart parking lot.

I bet people would run and jump....

HAHA...

Well, If you just want to try the gearing, here's a kit for around $100
http://www.thercproshop.com/product...d=535&MAXXid=928dfc44c6b893667532da4c4d0d9dc1

Don't know as I would recommend it. Just letting you know there are cheaper options out there.

The trans case on this guys looks like a racers edge like I have. That is selling for about $125 right now. The cvd's look like MIP's which are around 50$. Those plus this kit gets you relatively close to what fleabay has for a price.

That why you put 1/8 scale tires on them. they slide and give a little more, give you that slop you need to get that high top speed. one of my friends in my nighborhood bought one, and it was pretty cool. and also he lowered the suspension and put on those tires, and they drifted pretty friggen cool.

Yeah, I've seen that whole 3 speed conversion kit with 1/8 buggy wheels and adapters somewhere, but I can't find it again.

is it possible to use this 3 speed with a .26 motor using 1/8scale gears? any way to make that work?

a little competition going on here WHO HAS THE FASTEST MT. he has a t-maxx with .26 FAST compared to my 2.5

70mph is a lil hard to believe my friends.... I'd need to see it break 70 in person.... I call BS......................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back