6s Kraton or 6s Outcast

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preston H.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking for a new rc. I am debating between the 6s kraton or the outcast. Both are around the same price. I have heard that both are great. So which one is better? Please help.

What do you want to do with it? The OC6s is more of a stunt truck compared to the K6s, the OC6s has worse handling compared to the K6s, but can pull off flips and stunts easier.

Welcome in @Preston H. , I agree with @pug , the K6 leans towards racing because of the low profile designed for better cornering. It is a much more stable rig than the OC6. If you want stunts like jumping, flips and so on then I would go with the OC6.
Both are awesome rigs so it all depends on what direction you want to go with it.
Honestly if you hang around this crowd long enough, you will purchase both...;)

We have the Kraton 6s, with almost every M2C mod on it. It is a beast of a truck, and we love it. We don't have the Outcast, but I bet it is a blast to drive as well. I'd say you can't go wrong with either.

And welcome to the forum!

What do you want to do with it? The OC6s is more of a stunt truck compared to the K6s, the OC6s has worse handling compared to the K6s, but can pull off flips and stunts easier.
Is one more specifically durable than the other?
Welcome in @Preston H. , I agree with @pug , the K6 leans towards racing because of the low profile designed for better cornering. It is a much more stable rig than the OC6. If you want stunts like jumping, flips and so on then I would go with the OC6.
Both are awesome rigs so it all depends on what direction you want to go with it.

all around vehicle. If I’m playing in my yard one day and the the next day I go to a small skate park. I’m looking for versatility. I’m not going to abuse it extremely but I am going to have fun.
I’m looking for an all around vehicle. If I’m playing in my yard one day and the the next day I go to a small skate park or playing in the snow. I’m looking for versatility. I’m not going to abuse it extremely but I am going to have fun.
Also what one will handle better off road with lots of bumps or ruts.

Last edited:
The outcast will take a beating and keep going The Kroton will not stand up to it. outcast to bash kraton for speed. I have both.

I you want an all-around vehicle then I would go with the Outcast. Like I mentioned before, the K is a lower profile and wouldn't do well in certain conditions.
If you are going to run it in areas with no rocks and stuff like that then it would be fine.

Kraton 8s EXB. You will wish you got it. After you run the 6s. If going 6 you might as well go all out and get the Kra8
I've heard way too many issues from the 8s line, bent chassis, bent driveshafts, bent shocks, bent braces, shattered arms, etc.

I've heard way too many issues from the 8s line, bent chassis, bent driveshafts, bent shocks, bent braces, shattered arms, etc.
Just like the traxxas X it's all how you drive and maintain the RC.. and that's why I said EXB. Not just the 8s
Plus you can't believe what you hear. About a certain RC. Because all you hear is it sucks. Or like what you just said bent chassis shock stripped gears on and on.. But I have a question for you.. did you hear what they were doing.. or how they were driving when the negative statements where said?? I'm 100% sure NO you didn't hear any of that and they didn't say anything like that. Just that this is broke or bent.. Rite??

Back