59' Chevy Nomad

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2nv

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here's my most recent airbrush job for my Savage. (Its a Parma 59' Chevy Nomad). All the colors were Faskolor (did a little mixing) The Chrome was spazstix and I also used FasGlitter. Anyway, here are some pics.

Kinda hard to see the detail on the flames and the ghost skulls, but I'm sure ya get the drift.
100_0376.jpg

Got a pic to make the Skulls glow..So there ya can see em. The reall glow with a flash!
100_0377.jpg

Hard to get the full effect of the flake but here it is anyway
100_0378.jpg

I did a skull on the back, Splatter some red on it to give it the splattered blood effect and back it with a silvery black. Turned out pretty cool.
100_0379.jpg

All and all I think it turned out pretty good, and I'm happy with it. I wasn't happy with the Spaz Chrome, it didnt want to stick. Also the Fasglitter was a pain but I think with a bigger tip it would have been easier. But the results of it are awesome!! I also used FasTint on the windows, but that stuff worked like ass. I dont know if I did something wrong, but it looked bad, so I just blacked em out.But yeah, Like I said, I'm happy with it. Really looks good on a sunny day!

Damn good looking ride. How did you do the skulls?

Thanks guys!
The skulls I did with my own masks that I made. I mixed the Flame color myself, so I laid the decal mask down, Sprayed the flames and then lightened it up just a tad with some silverpearl and did the removed the masks and sprayed the skulls. I wish I had a better cam so ya guys could get the full effect. They turned out pretty sick. Alot better than I was planning.

4u2nv said:
I wish I had a better cam so ya guys could get the full effect.
Well, you can get the Canon 20D (this is what I use) and use it for work, can't ya? The Rebel series is nice as well. Not as expensive but still very good.

Great work andy ...

That body is sweet, I really dig the skulls in front.

Wow! Thats one sweet body man. Good job Andy.

that looks awsome man!!! yea i agree with SD the skulls are sick!

Looks great! I have not have very good luck with tint either, I have tried spaz and pactra and was not impressed with either of them. I really like your skulls by the way!

Nice detail there :thumbsup: .... I like it :cheers:

Damn nice job there bud. You must have one hell of a long attention span to get that kinda thing done. how long does a job like that take you on average?

NCNitro said:
Great job man! Awesome looking paintjob. One thing though, thats a 1956 Nomad, lol.
Your right my bad. It is a 56' NOT a 59'. I looked at the package thing to quick..lol

Tweak, It took me a couple days. I wasn't in a rush to get it done, so I just went and sprayed it when I had free time. When I'm painting, I usually take my time, because I really like to paint, but dont need a dozen lids for my savage..lol So I dont paint that often..

Anyone else have probs with SpazChrome? It stuck awesome on the bumpers and stuff, but on the window trim it seemed like it didnt want to stick. I got it to, but it was kinda a pain.

Last edited:
in the vrey bottom pictures it looks like the windows are a little flaky... Must just be the paint. Either way it is still something I would love to see on Ebay :)

Are you thinking of selling any masks?
What are you doing them with? Sticka?

Everything I have got so far is too big.

Yeah I sell masks too. I just bought a new program that has TONS of cool designs on it. I got it right after I got this lid painted, otherwise I would have done a more radical flame layout. And sorry but I'm not sure what your talkin bout on the rest..lol.. I'm tired so it might be me..lol..

I think its just a shadow or something. I noticed that too on the window in that pic. Its just that pic though luckily.

My cutters kinda like that I guess. Its bigger and is on a big stand. That one can take up to 12" vinyl. Mine can take up to 26" vinyl, and transfer material. Things are pretty amazing.

Skull-power! The placement of the skulls there looks really ominous. Great detail work 4u2.

Thanks man! Thanks for all the props fellas!

Back