53 mph maxx in second gear woo hoo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake383

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
took my truck to field with the sheriff and radar gun, 38 mph in first, 52.9mph in second. I have 7" tires and 3.3. to fast. was just playing hit small bump, flipped and broke center out of 1" off-set wheel, from rc ravin, [good parts and prices]. wear can i get alum. rims, looked on eBay and goggled, can't find anything that looks good, do you guys have any suggestions, also need to know what gear set up would work for bashing, to fast to have fun in yard,[without breaking every part on truck] i will have to sell house if i keep breaking stuff.....lol

Last edited:
nice speed, my suggestion, don't even bother looking for aluminum rims, all they wil do is add weight to the drive train, creating more stress on the truck

How you get it to 53mph what mods have you got .

must be 7" tires and runing little lean head temp 267 degrees

I personally think that it was the 1" offset that made it break, that much offset puts alot of leverage on the wheel, if you could find a wheel with about 1/2 offset i think it would be much better and not as likely to break.

what kind of tires are you running, knowing that will help me suggest a good wheel

can't do a wheelie, takes of like poop need smaller tires, have $100 exhaust rear exit with two holes plugged,after market cooling head o'donnel 20% fuel, rpm a-arms, no body..have my buddies print-out he couldn't believe it neither ........

so a half inch where would i buy those from??

Nice . . 267 what celsius or F . Mine doesn't go over 150.C for some reason .

don't have a brand name [from rcravin] 6 15/16 tall and 3 1/4 wide, with full throttle they look 2" wide

267 fer..high speed screw out 3 turns,

thanks 10 gauge they have nice rims

light weight wheels are the single most important upgrade you can do to any vehicle.

I was once told by a professional bike racer. For every ounce of weight you can lose from your wheels feels like 10 LBS of total weight lost from the bike. translate that however you wish and relate that to your R/C truck.

ya but i want to play in yard it to fast, i might tie a brick on maxx so i don't wreck so much

its way to fast now, might tie block on truck so i don't wreck so damb much.......lol

ya but i want to play in yard it to fast, i might tie a brick on maxx so i don't wreck so much

its way to fast now, might tie block on truck so i don't wreck so damb much.......lol

theres no such thing as too fast, thats what that little skinny trigger is for ;)

+1. The tall tires are too much for the 3.3 to overcome. Been there, done it. And the rear exhausts are junk. They don't improve performance any more than over-leaning with a functional pipe.

Just dont hold it wide open and u can space out the shift point so it doesn't hit 2nd gear so quick that is all I did and it is easier to keap in 1st when I am bashing. and I put alluminum on my maxx and kept stripping stuff put plastic back on and no problems that I dont cause.

I found the RPM wheels w/offset are very very durable. Have bashed the living crude out of them for years. Never broke one I would try them and stay away from aluminum.

Back