5.9 fuel not going up line

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage24x

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
New fuel line. Putting finger on stinger doesn't fix it, blowing into exhaust line doesn't fix it, prime hasn't started it yet. Could it be too lean? Sometimes, turning it upside down not connected to the carb, fuel will pour out. Otherwise, it'll go up about 2cm and get stuck. What should I try?

Have you checked the seal on your fuel tank?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Try cleaning the carb maybe some dirt blocking the inlet. Did it run the last time you used the truck. I don't believe it could be that lean not to suck up the fuel. The needle would almost or have to be fully closed. When you blow though the line can you actually blow though it. Maybe try to even put some fuel right in the carb see what happens then.

Try cleaning the carb maybe some dirt blocking the inlet. Did it run the last time you used the truck. I don't believe it could be that lean not to suck up the fuel. The needle would almost or have to be fully closed. When you blow though the line can you actually blow though it. Maybe try to even put some fuel right in the carb see what happens then.

Got it used. I'm great with used nitro's and making them run again but this one's stumped me. It was ran on 30% and it's half 20 and 30 in the tank right now. Through the line itself is fine. Replaced the line with brand new stuff still hasn't fixed it. Priming it, putting fuel directly in the carb has not started it yet. I'll clean the carb later today.

Um, try taking apart the fuel inlet?.... The last time something like this happened to me I had metal flakes blocking off the holes that allowed the fuel to pass into the HSN assembly.
In my case the metal flakes were from the GH racing fuel tank/tanks that I use.

Also there could be an air leak at the same fittings as mentioned above. I would use some high temp silicone while re-assembling the carb.

Have you checked the needle settings? What if you try priming it while keeping the throttle open?

Um, try taking apart the fuel inlet?.... The last time something like this happened to me I had metal flakes blocking off the holes that allowed the fuel to pass into the HSN assembly.
In my case the metal flakes were from the GH racing fuel tank/tanks that I use.

Also there could be an air leak at the same fittings as mentioned above. I would use some high temp silicone while re-assembling the carb.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Have you checked the needle settings? What if you try priming it while keeping the throttle open?

Will do.

Put the needles back to factory settings but I would leave the mid range needle along since it's a PITA. Also take the tuned pipe off and check for debris in there. That's all I could think of. On my Ofna the factory left the factory anti debris plug in there and it would not prime.