5.9 exhaust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuz

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i've heard of people taking the baffle out of their stock pipe for increased performance. My question: isn't the baffle necessary for back pressure? sounded like an idea but wouldn't mind a little feedback before I destroy a good exhaust.

Nitro mufflers are tuned for the size of the motor. (big/small blocks) if you take the baffle out, or detune it all it will do is ru loud as hell and be a pain in the ass to tune.

thanks for the fast advice..

my savage didnt come with the baffle in it so i wouldnt take it out i would jst buy another exhaust if u want more performace and noise out of ur muffler.

ya I was pretty sure it was a dumb idea but figured i'd ask

Look into the jammin pipes, mainly the JP-3 and JP-4, they are a bit pricey but that is for a reason. Great results.

The JP series pipes are left side mount pipes, they take some rigging to get on a Savage.
The JP-2 would be best suited to the 5.9.
The JP-3 is a good pipe for .21 engines but really chokes out the topend on larger mills.
The JP-4 has not impressed me what so ever. The few people I know who bought them were all disappointed.
Also the 086 pipe would work nice. Dynamite, Ofna and a few others sell this style of pipe. It is for top end performance.

Back