5.8 earthquake in VA

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
We felt it here in NY. It was weird, I was sitting here at my pc when the screen starting shaking, and it kind of felt like when someone shakes an elevator. I was like wtf was that? So i turned on the news to see if there had been a quake, and found out there had just been one in VA.

Yea i was actually in the shower when it happened and i felt absolutely nothing and when i came out my sister told me the kitchen table was actually shaking. Kind of weird that we could feel an earthquake in NY. It is definitely something i've never felt, and the one time it shakes NY i dont feel it! I'm kind of dissapointed because i really do want to feel one.

We felt it here in NY. It was weird, I was sitting here at my pc when the screen starting shaking, and it kind of felt like when someone shakes an elevator. I was like wtf was that? So i turned on the news to see if there had been a quake, and found out there had just been one in VA.

First one you have ever felt?

Yeah their weird. I've been in a few but nothing where any damage happened.

That was weird. I was working on a printer when I felt the first little rumble... and then everything started shaking. Unbelievable man! I know this is going to sound sick... but that was cool! I guess I can say that because nothing hit me in the head!

Thanks

Tom

I heard about it at work. I personally did not feel it but a co-worker said his wife felt it where she was.

We actually had a small one locally a year or two ago. Weirdest thing I had ever experienced. I thought my neighbor backed his truck into our house or something.

It was felt here in Pittsburgh around 2pm. I was about 30 miles out leaving one jobsite to go to another, but my girlfriend felt it at the house.

Some say they felt a tremor at work here in NC, I didnt feel crap. I was however surfing the forum and tend to zone out, but I doubt it was even noticeable here. A friend in langley posted the following:
"Carnage everywhere on the ride home!!! One tree looks like some leaves fell off, saw a mailbox door hanging open, and one of my neighbor's trash cans fell over! Oh the humanity!"

All I can tell ya guys is that a minor tremor in Pittsburgh is like a blizzard in texas to most of the locals here. A blizzard is no big deal to usbut an earthquake is nearly unheard of. I mean, there must have been 40-50 people on facebook all worked up about it.. i didnt even feel it. Probably wouldnt have made the fuss about it that everyone else did either.. but whatever. I heard a building collapsed in Baltimore though. Does anyone know anything about it?

"Carnage everywhere on the ride home!!! One tree looks like some leaves fell off, saw a mailbox door hanging open, and one of my neighbor's trash cans fell over! Oh the humanity!"

That's funny, right there.
It wasn't nearly that bad here, but I did see a front stoop missing a brick and another house with a cracked storm window.

I know this is a conspiracy theory but I blame it on oil and gas company "Fracking" Breaking up the plates to siphon out more goodies. Not sure if it is such a good idea and the crap they are pumping in there is all toxic as hell and is filtering into our water tables. I am all for drilling and using our own oil to be less reliant on the a-holes in the sand but lets not poison ourselves or fire up the New Madrid Fault in the process. The 7.3 I had in Japan was pretty cool.....hell of a way to get woke up though.

We felt the quake all the way down in Ralgih, NC as well yesterday. Weird feeling for sure!

Back