4x4 Shortcourse Kit of 2020

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwestrcr116

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello All,

I just started getting back into RC after about 6 years. Starting in 2010 my dad got me into it with a 2wd Slash. As i learned to drive i upgraded to a OFNA NEXX 10 SC 4x4. I still have it today and just got it back up and running.

What i am looking for is suggestions for 4x4 SCT Kits. I have all the electronics but as many of you know OFNA is no longer a well known brand and parts are harder to find.

Thank you all in advance.

I forgot to mention this is an electric SCT and I am looking for and electric SCT

Welcome in @midwestrcr116
The Traxxas Slash vxl or Arrma Senton are both great choices.
Thank you for the recommendations, through my research so far i have found that Traxxas and Arrma seem to be the big 2 now adays.

Definitely good rigs. That would be my choice. I've recently jumped into the 1/5 scale gas thing and really love it, so I spend most of my time on that. The wife and I still love all of them equally between the crawlers and bashers and I guess it all depends on our moods. We take them out very often.

Welcome in @midwestrcr116
The Traxxas Slash vxl or Arrma Senton are both great choices.
In your opinion would it be smart to just get the Arrma Senton 550 Mega rather than the 3S BLX since i already have a brushless motor and save the money. Or is there more upgrades with the BLX than just going to brushless?

ESC: DuraTrax DE10
Receiver: Fly Sky FS-GR3C
Motor: Tekin Redline SC4X, 5.5 Turn, 4000kv
Servo: EXI D226F
Battery: 5000maH, 2S, 30C

Last edited:
Honestly no. Because not only are the Mega motors brushed, they are slow. Upgrading to a brushless system is good but plan on upgrading everything else as well because it simply wont last.
I bought the Arrma Typhon Mega for a couple of reasons. One, I enjoy modding so rebuilding everything with upgrades is right up my alley. Two, I wanted to see what would last and what wouldn't with a brushless system installed. Right out of the gate I destroyed the spur gear and input gear. For the most part I bash pretty hard at a motorcycle park so the jumps offer some serious air time.
I would suggest 3s BLX if you don't want to pump a bunch of money into it pretty quick. Again I chose the Mega because I enjoy modding and money isn't really a issue. I have the wife's approval so that's the most important thing... :p

^^ totally slipped my mind.. Yes Losi makes awesome rigs.

Back