4wd nitro off roader

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siw

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I’ve just rebuilt my Kyosho Alpha/Pureten

Although it’s a fun car and has had hardly any use and is in fairly good condition, I’m considering getting rid of it (mainly as spares are getting very hard to find!).

Also with where I live I want something capable of a similar amount of speed that can happily off-road and take a fair amount of abuse!

Any suggestions for an entry level 4wd nitro off roader?? (With spares easily available)
I’m in the uk, so prices may vary, but as I’ve been away from all of this for a while wanted to know what’s good (and relatively cheap), and what’s to be avoided!

Avoid HSP and other Chinese brands. Can’t really help you that much since I have no nitro experience.

A hobao or a good brand supported over in the u.k. so you can get parts easier/faster I recommend an 8th scale buggy or truggy / flat chassis based Truck as most are very durable compared to smaller scale (short course 1/10 like slash slayer are traditional 1/8 buggy scale sized as well)

Due to the price I’ve been considering the:

GRANITE 4X4 3S BLX BRUSHLESS 1/10 MONSTER TRUCK
its not a nitro but seems to be fairly rugged.

You can do that but nitro accordingly is better

I’ve just rebuilt my Kyosho Alpha/Pureten

Although it’s a fun car and has had hardly any use and is in fairly good condition, I’m considering getting rid of it (mainly as spares are getting very hard to find!).

Also with where I live I want something capable of a similar amount of speed that can happily off-road and take a fair amount of abuse!

Any suggestions for an entry level 4wd nitro off roader?? (With spares easily available)
I’m in the uk, so prices may vary, but as I’ve been away from all of this for a while wanted to know what’s good (and relatively cheap), and what’s to be avoided!
I don't know squat about Nitros, but I have seen a couple of videos on the Traxxas Revo 3.3 is a good Nitro, it seems pretty durable, very beginner friendly, and easy to maintain. I would also expect that spares are common, if other Traxxas cars are anything to go by. It's pretty much RTR, just supply your own fuel and AA batteries for the radio. It isn't the cheapest nitro, but you pay for quality and ease or running.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa...-tra53097-3-red/p576388?avad=255609_f261b82c1
Because you're in the UK, here's a link to where you can get it in the UK:https://www.jperkins.com/products/TRX71076-3-PRPL

Just my thoughts, I really don't know anything about Nitro!

But the slayer is also a good choice b/c it has the same chassis as the revo

Heres my .02 cents if even worth that much lol.

If you want something you can run instantly , plug n play, brushless or electric in general is for just that.

Besides theres not much Nitro Powered that is of a newer release and not discontinued that interests me and/or the old school nitro fan vs the vintage nitro goodness we have all had in the past.

So what i do is when i need my technical or mechanical itch scratched i work on an old nitro

If you want to run after work to get your driving fix, a modern brushless model will serve that purpose best..

can't go wrong with armma 4wd models, theyre incredibly well built for the models I've experienced.

The blx 3s offerings are best bang for the money too

Due to the price I’ve been considering the:

GRANITE 4X4 3S BLX BRUSHLESS 1/10 MONSTER TRUCK
its not a nitro but seems to be fairly rugged.
The Granite 3s is a great RC, it can take an absolute beating without breaking. My cousin has one and he’s a terrible driver, he launches his Granite 10-15 feet into the air a lot and he hasn’t broken anything yet. He has had some lawn dart landings, roof landings, wheelie bar landings, and weird landings on the corners of the car. It’s perfectly fine except for the body which has taken a beating, I recommend doing the shoegoo and drywall tape method to strengthen the body.