4910 rebuild and cleaning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zdragon71

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Got my 4910 all back together today with most new screws and new chassis braces and new bulkheads on the front. New fuel tank and a new torque control slipper upgrade in the tranny. Now just waiting on the dynamite .19T to arrive and she will be ready to breakin and start bashing again if all goes well. Now I just need to order a new body and some nice paint and a sceme to spray on it and it will pretty much be a new rig. Oh yeah I also rebuilt all the shocks while I had it broken down. :D:D

Hopefully you like your new dynamite .19, I had one a couple years back but wasn't very impressed. Don't get me wrong, it was a big upgrade from the 2.5 but I was expecting much more out of it. Just my opinion.

going with the dynimite what happened to that 3.3 you was so hell bent on rebuilding,lol I've heard nothing but good things about that engine that was my first choice but i ended up going a diff. route

---------- Post added at 9:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:33 PM ----------

really mudslinger your the first guy I've heard that had something bad to say about that engine

Like I said, it was much better than the 2.5, but nothing like what I was expecting, could have also been an error on my part.

in any case its better than a 3.3 id take a 2.5 over a 3.3 anyday

I still got that 3.3. I might end up using it as a weapon of some sort or may just use it as a curio cabinet piece. You keep messin with me I'm gonna rebuild it anyways!! Lmao

going with the dynimite what happened to that 3.3 you was so hell bent on rebuilding,lol I've heard nothing but good things about that engine that was my first choice but i ended up going a diff. route

---------- Post added at 9:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:33 PM ----------

really mudslinger your the first guy I've heard that had something bad to say about that engine

Agree with Slinger. When it first came out like most new things they build it up to be the 2nd coming of Jesus just to find out its the 2nd coming of Dane Cook :). I bought 1 expecting to kill everything I raced/bashed against and while it did well and performed admirably I woul have gone the OS route from the beginning. I have an OS .18 CV-R in my 2.5 now and LOVE the power and tunability. Not to slam Dynamite motors. I've got a Big Red in my MGT that I LOVE in there but thats a BB compared to a SB

well u can't compare a dynamite to a os theres like a 150.00$ differance

well hpi killer I've had 10 of them all 10 broke the connecting rod so maybe its user error went with a sirio never had a issue yet

Connecting rod is the biggest failure in the 3.3 which is a very simple fix..

yea i know some people have good luck with them maybe it is just my tunning skills but them things allmost got me out of this hobby or i might say addiction lol

Well he'll the brand new 2.5r I got in my revo broke the damn rod after the first tank of breaking. I had to pull the rod outta my old 2.5 to finish breaking it in and it's still running with my old rod in it. Broke at the crank!! And as far as the dynamite I actually canceled the order for the moment. I want to go with it for the price but I really want a .26 max. But my budget just isn't gonna let me get one so the dynamite is probly gonna happen. Maybe by the time my revo takes another 2.5 I will be able to get a picco for it.

heck any engine that runs is a good engine

Save ur money and get a picco. Over double the power of the 3.3 and around triple the 2.5.... Providing u get an exhaust.

Back