.46 Hot Bodies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIRMAXXALOT

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Does anyone have any input on this motor, I am looking into one just for kicks to run in my LSP..not as my serious race motor but more just as a fun thing to try--you got to admit when I guy shows up with a motor I know no one in my club has and they ask you what it is and you say it is a .46 the first reaction is going to be
:OMG:
--IS THAT EVEN LEGAL TO RACE---LOL I just thought it would be a fun motor to tick some people off with:banana:

that thing sucks alot!!ill give you some reasons from my experience.
1)very hard to tune
2)wasted 6 bearings
3)went through 3 pull starts(yo better wear gloves)
4)carb falls off alot(yeah)
5)destroyed my dogbones
6)destryed my diffs
7)went through 2 heat sinks b/c they were really weak fins
but yeah i would buy it again

CHARLYROXS411 said:
that thing sucks alot!!ill give you some reasons from my experience.
1)very hard to tune
2)wasted 6 bearings
3)went through 3 pull starts(yo better wear gloves)
4)carb falls off alot(yeah)
5)destroyed my dogbones
6)destryed my diffs
7)went through 2 heat sinks b/c they were really weak fins
but yeah i would buy it again

1 Its a breazzz to tune...
2 how did you waste 6 bearings
3I went through 1 and do wear a glove
4 Your carb fell off a lot???One word loctite!
5 buy mip cvd's and cva's
6 what ride was the .46 in
7 Two heads?

well does this thing have all the power a .46 should or is it just a hype--I am not going to be runnin this thing all the time just throw it in to mess with people, it is not legal in the traveling series I run but I would like to toss it in for my local club races once in a while--or even just to practice with. I have three other motors for racing seriously, A hyper for the smaller tracks an RB .28 hopefully soon (have not acually bought it from my buddy) and the stock .26 for a back-up, I know everyone whined about this motor not having the serious race power but I ran my last one til the crank snapped, it is a disposable motor to me so I run it on the edge and it suited me just fine. THEN I came across a guy with a .46 he's getting rid of and I thought to myself HMMMM SELF--this would be an interesting motor for an LSP---lol

What do you guys think? does this thing have the power or not?

.46???? Is that not the truckzilla motor or something?

Never mind guys--the exhaust exits the wrong place to run in a LSP--oh well the other three motors will have to work--lol

No, but thank you. I have an RB .28 and a Hyper 21

Agree with Zandor, my Cen Genesis LE comes with a .46 / 5hp. mill and YES it can be hard to pull start at first, but after a few tanks its a good idea to get ya a roto start(which i have now)...but for the break-in and atleast 5 tanks..use the pull start.
I'm running Traxxas 33% fuel in my Truck now and the power is AWESOME..but then again my Genesis Limited Edition is made for this much HP...i suspect most trucks diffs. & axils would not last long with this mill installed in them and run hard.
So i do NOT recommend that you put such a powerful mill in your truck, stick to .25 - .28 size instead.

Scott