40 series with beadlocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrferly2004

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Is anyone else out there running 40 series tires with beadlocks? I have the moab xls with the axial beadlocks and wanted to know how they will hold up running on asphalt. Does the tread wear pretty fast? I pretty much only run those tires off-road and switch tires if running on pavement. Just tryin to find out if I'm wasting my switching the tires every time I switch surfaces. Thanks

Actually I'm running the same setup, Axial 8 hole beadlocks with the MOAB's. And yes they do hold up pretty well on asphalt. I noticed some wear on the outside edges of the fronts, but the rest of the tire is even wear with no appreciable loss of tread. I've run about 1 gallon through them 1/2 on concrete and half on rocky soil.

Sweet thanks rak

So since I've been running my moabs, I've been having problems. My traxxas steel axles have been popping out. I've been goin through clutches and stripped a couple spurs. Not to mention the lost top speed. Takin them off, putting on my stock cb and spur. All the hassle hasn't been worth having the bigger tires.

Sorry to hear that the MOABS didn't work for you. They been good to me. I would check your slipper adjustment if you been tearing up clutches and check your engine to spur gur alignment and mesh. I'm running stock clutch, spur gear and axles without problems to report. The acceleratio from a stop will decrease, but given enough space youe top end should increase.

R u running all stock gearing? Cb and spur?

yes my drivetrain is all stock except for my rear center driveshaft. I kept twisting the universal joint so I replaced it with a CVD. (revo drive cups and an HPI dogbone, 77mm I think) Other than that it is stock parts and stock gear ratios.

the revo cups and the 77 mm dogbone, are u using that on the extended chasis or the shorter chasis?

Does anyone else run the moabs? After switching back to stock, I miss the bigger tires.

Back