4 Wheel Steering???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigboystoysguy

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have an E-maxx and i want to put 4ws on it....i know how to wire it and stuff but i need some pointers on the 4ws part like how to mount a servo how to get the servo to the wheels eficiently.... stuff like that any help or links would be apreciated......

thanks
bbtg

Attachments

• Upload.JPG
    Upload.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 230
if you dont mind me asking how did you make a emaxx a rock crawler i would like to make on and i have 4 wheel steering already made it my self but its not on my emaxx its on my sportmaxx let me know please if you dont mind

well what would you like to know suoer??? my truck is a very agressive crawler thanks to alot of thing I've done. if your truck is stock i would lock front and rear diffs to start with..... then if it has stock suspension only use 4 shocks (8 is too much resistance to flex properly) and go to a lighter weight oil in the shocks, i use 30-35. also LOWER your gearing!! this makes a big difference... i run 72s with a 9p. another big thing is tires... you want agressive tires that are soft and will flex over rocks to give you maximum traction... i use losi lst's with maximizer beadlocks... see how far this gets you and then pm me and i tell other things that help imensly.... traction wise and run time wise...

also thanks for the link nitro thats a sweet setup i ordered one to see how good it is!!

bbtg

well keep us posted on it bro, thought about ordering one for my T-Maxx awhile back but it rolls over too easily now and 4WS would make it 10x worse..........LOL

Nitro

well how fast ya gonna dude?? I'm only goin like 3mph so i figered it might work...lol

well my Maxx is good for 40mph (per Traxxas) so 4WS is a bit much.......LOL......having rear steer is more "usable" on a crawler.....only thing it would be good for on my maxx is show.........

Nitro

Back