3 spur gears in 2 hours

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdriveSlideways

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
My Redcat keeps shredding spur gears like nobody's business. I've changed it 3 times and it keeps happening. I've set my mesh with a piece of paper just as I've always done and haven't had any problems with it with any of my other RC's. Does anybody have a remedy for this problem? Or a link to website that sells metal spur gears? I've looked on Redcat's website but all they offer are the plastic ones. Thanks in advance guys.

Something may be moving. Check all motor mounts, check your clutch bearings(if nitro).
Make sure everything is tightened up.

Not sure what all would work, but Robinson Racing has metal spurs. Redcat are hard to find aftermarket parts for.

Find what's causing the issue, a metal spur is just a band aid. It'll still wear out or destroy your CB if you don't fix the problem.

How's it stripping? Spotty or the whole thing?

Find what's causing the issue, a metal spur is just a band aid. It'll still wear out or destroy your CB if you don't fix the problem.

How's it stripping? Spotty or the whole thing?
It strips off all the teeth

Back