3 hour bash session at skate park Savage XL owns!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sur3fir3

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
Well i found out a while back about a skate park in my area. Today I decided to take my Savage XL down there while the kids are at school. When i got there I saw 2 older teens leaving. I asked them if they thought I could run my RC, and they ended up being my turn marshals, and bashing buddies :p.

In 3 hours we crashed this RC in every way possible, 10ft landing on the front tire, multiple cartwheels, end over end flips on metal to cement. 20 FT air bottom outs, did doughnuts, 50/50 grinded some rails (very tough to do). not to mention slamming into some stairs, and rolling due to tight turns.

I ran about 6 tanks of fuel, and this .30 lrp spec 2 is really starting to open up. I just need to start leaning out my LSN. I have to say that once tuned the LRP seems to stay dialed in for the most part.

I did all this and the one piece that broke that made me have to go home (pardon not knowing the exact name ATM) was the plastic round clip that goes on the bottom of the shock rod to hold the spring in place. And even then it technically did not break, It just popped off and i couldn't find it.

Well having gone from an .25 savage back in the day to the XL i give a thumbs up to hpi on their upgrades, and cannot wait to get some more parts on order and go out for my next session. (heard theres a bmx track by me as well)

thanks for reading.
Sur3fir3

cool...awesome you had a good day of beating the crap out of your rig...wish i had a skate park or bmx track around here...i do have miles and miles of strip job to play on i guess...

I will get some vid and pics next time i go out, I seemed to have misplaced my charger for my camera battery.