3.3 wide open then dies?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beentryin

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ran my tmaxx today ran great like always ,ran it out of gas,and took it down the road and theres some construction going ,and dirt piles ,need i go further(i bashed it) and put more fuel in it it was low and then when i took off it would die after about 50 feet of wide open throttle,and to start it it would take a few to get it going like it was out of gas?reset to factory settings,and same thing like its running out of gas tanks fine,lines are fine,and idles great once i get it started? temps are around 210 to 220 motors has 2 gallons thru it exactly just filled my bottle up and I'm down to a half tank left

i would check for air leaks in the fuel system. pressure tube, oring, silicon flange??? it happens to my revo all the time.

Did you check your exhaust coupler? That would cause your trouble too.

Did you check your exhaust coupler? That would cause your trouble too.
yeah checked tank lines and exhaust i think theres trash in the carb

well cleaned the carb put back together still does same thing will start and idle fine will take slight throttle,but soon as i punch it dies,then take a few to get it started like its out of fuel,and i even bought a new plug no change

this is driving me nuts itll start right up and idle fine and take partial throttle but not full I'm close to selling it

Lean the LSN a little at a time till you get good punch off the line. You might have to adjust the idle screw to keep the RPMs down.

Lean the LSN a little at a time till you get good punch off the line. You might have to adjust the idle screw to keep the RPMs down.

I've tryed to lean lsn hsn factory setting same thing full throttle dies

yea sealed the whole thing when i cleaned carb same as before i took it off and resealed it all

how about richening the needls alittle bit have you tried that??? cause it will die right down if it is too lean.. just trying to think of a few problems I had and fixxed.. good luck!!

Ok, it's time to check the clutch. If that's not it I would look into the engine and see if it has a broken piston skirt or bad bearings.

Back