3.3 trouble starting?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWILSON9879

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My 3.3 is being a pain to start. I have leaned it out quite a bit and still doesn't want to stay cranked over. I adjusted my idle up a little but still nothing. If i bump the throttle a bit it will start up but in order for it to stay running i have to keep up the throttle. It also wants to die on me when i hit the brake. I'm lost. Should i set it back to factory settings and try again? This is my first nitro truck so I'm still learning. Trying to anyways. Its also not wanting to shift into second. Good lord what have i done:(

My 3.3 is being a pain to start. I have leaned it out quite a bit and still doesn't want to stay cranked over. I adjusted my idle up a little but still nothing. If i bump the throttle a bit it will start up but in order for it to stay running i have to keep up the throttle. It also wants to die on me when i hit the brake. I'm lost. Should i set it back to factory settings and try again? This is my first nitro truck so I'm still learning. Trying to anyways. Its also not wanting to shift into second. Good lord what have i done:(

It could be lean or rich really, so you can go both ways. Is the ignitor fully charged? good plug?

Set it back to factory: HSN In all the way, Back out 4 and a half turns.

LSN: Flush with the housing.

I've tried new plugs. And fully charged starter. I think ill just have to try and reset back to factory settings. Itll be awhile now thouh because the pin connecting the crankshaft to the easy start got chewed up, so now my easy start just spins. Anybody now what thats called exactly. I'm begining to love my brushless more and more.

You need to turn in the idle screw and adjust the throttle trim to keep the carb slide against the idle ajustment screw. Remove the air filter and look down the carb.
When you go from neutral to full brake the carb should not move.

I've tried new plugs. And fully charged starter. I think ill just have to try and reset back to factory settings. Itll be awhile now thouh because the pin connecting the crankshaft to the easy start got chewed up, so now my easy start just spins. Anybody now what thats called exactly. I'm begining to love my brushless more and more.
OUCH Brushless