3.3 motor dust boot.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So i been working on my truck, and sure enough i run in to a issue not even having it 3 days. I thought today was a tad warmer so i wanted to run half tank. I go to start the truck, now keep in mind i think my one way bearing is slipping as i have a pull start. I could not prim this motor. i try from the fuel tank then i try to pull the starter. I pull off the line and no fuel, it was not getting past my fuel filter. I take that off and the line is still long enough to go to the carb. I get the truck started and i do some driving around and for some reason it was running weird. Like it was lean real lean, i had a real high idle i could not get it to stay right. I go back to factor brake in specs and the carb is set to .8 mm or so. I get it to start up and sure enough it was running like crap. I get it in after i said i am done, it was running bad not based on the REAL rich settings . Guess what the damn blue dust boot on the low speed needle broke. I called the hobby store i got the truck from. They do not have that part and they said to come done tomorrow . I want to know can i use any boot on a 3.3? I do not trust them they will rig the hell out of it . I been in to this a long time they had no idea of that part. I had to say its the blue part on the low speed needle . He goes hold on let me get a jato i have over here. I then told him again. He goes ohhhh yea i see, i do not have one. Man oh man, i ask him this could cause a lean like issue? He goes ummm. i said fuel is around the area he goes yea i guess. I tell ya guys i rather ask you people to be honest. I do not trust them i sure as hell will bring up the pull start and they WILL GIVE ME A NEW BEARING . Used is used but man i tell ya most people who buy these kind of toys used all ways have issues.

Is the Blue dust boot important, yes it keeps dirt/debris off the slide valve, it is not a seal though and unless the carb body or throttle valve is very worn (if that worn they should be replaced) it should not affect the tune. It should be replaced asap though.

Is the Blue dust boot important, yes it keeps dirt/debris off the slide valve, it is not a seal though and unless the carb body or throttle valve is very worn (if that worn they should be replaced) it should not affect the tune. It should be replaced asap though.

I thought that it helped seal everything
Guess I learned something new today

mixed reviews on this.some people say it is not a seal and it should not affect crap. Then some people say it will cause a leak like issue. I was fine the other day . no idle issue, no bogging no cutting out at full speed etc. I get it out there today and sure enough it was running like it had a leak or maybe lean if i can put it in a way to easier understand. I even seen my glow plug take some abuse. Imo the motor has life left in it. will it give me 5 gallons i doubt it to be honest but i am sure there is no carb issue there if anything is a steering servo issue lol. I understand the idea well its just a boot that is said to be a way to keep dirt off the area. I did notice some fuel all over the place, now it is a used rc and the motor is used. So maybe there could be a issue i do not know about. I ran less then 2 tanks and its cold as hell. I do want to add i never had the motor hot to touch in the other tank. It stayed cool the truck is at factory specs now and i think it was before (when i got it). It was hot as hell the motor and my glow plug was so soaked after my last run. I get it out there today and i pull the plug and it was not wet and it started to show signs of burning. It has a burnt spot. I do not have a temp gun (picking one up tomorrow) but it was hot as hell the motor that is. I did no speed runs to get it up to that kinda heat nor did id heat it before i brought it out. I just kept it at room temp .