3.3 hsn 7-8 turns out just to run WTF?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerpndicular

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
brand new 3.3 only has had a little under a gallon through it (includeing breakin. Ran great at first made enough power to snap axles in high traction areas (older tmaxx upgraded to 3.3) and shred the back half of my body from wheelies and what not so i was pleased. Then it started running like crap. Impossible to get the idle to come down to where the clutch wasn't engaged enough that it was driveing around at about 1/4 throttle without me touching the throttle. starting getting to where it would bog and usually die going into second and the only way to fix it was to run the hsn 7-8 turns out. I've pulled the engine appart but can't find anything wroung with it have moded the clutch a little to try to make it lighter and put on a steal spur those are the only things i have changed since i broke it in. Any ideas? I did find that my hsn was stripped where it goes into the carb but replaced the carb with one from a worn out 2.5 i had laying around that i knew was good but it still had the same problem.

i've seal the block useing that guide and am waiting for traxxas to send me my new carb body hopefully both my carbs that i have were just messed up otherwise i am out of ideas have checked the tank for leaks also and couldn't find any there either

If you don't have an air leak, then I'd check your clutch and clutch bearings. Simply because your clutch is staying engaged at 7-8 turns out.
How are the engine temps?

it has been haveing some clutch issues the first brand new clutch busted at the pins swapped in the new one thats in it now and then my clutch bearings fried so put in new bearings and even those have started to go to crap. cut the clutch shoes down a little also to try to lighten them and tightened my clutch spring up a little