2wd t-maxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianr2011

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyone ever thought about making a 2wd nitro maxx?

yea its easy all you gotta do is remove the front output shaft and remove front drive shafts to make resistance less although not sure y you would want a t maxx to be 2 wheel drive

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

my bad i spoke b4 thinking you wouldnt be able to remove the front shafts bc they go thru the hub for the wheel but you could remove front center shaft and then its 2 wheel drive
you might be able to fit a stampeed front hub on but idk someone else may be able to chime in on that one

The 2 WD TMaxx is called an SMaxx. Basically the same as a 2.5 TMaxx with different tires and body out of the box.

Heres a Custom 2wd SMaxx:) Nothing like what comes out of the box.

DSC00404_zps2aafd51a.gif

DSC00512_zpscf06de31.gif

i love 4x4s but 2wds are fun in dirt too lol i was mainly just wondering if it would have any big effect on the rear diff other then the extra stress

---------- Post added at 4:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:51 PM ----------

and does anybody know where i can get that rear spoiler mount for the t-maxx? I've looked on tekno an they discontiued it i believe I've been wanting to install one of them for so long!

Lots of Tekno wing mounts for the Maxx on ebay.
2wd is a little harder on the rear diff than 4wd, but nothing a new style Maxx diff can't handle when shimmed well, unless your just beating to death.