2wd stampede wheelies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James nichols

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I've got a 2wd stampede with brushless castle motor and supporting mods. My question is there any way to adjust suspension to keep it from wheeling so bad. It's got a slipper clutch but still wheelies as soon as you even look at the throttle. It's super fast but it wheelies so bad it taking the fun out of it

I've got a 2wd stampede with brushless castle motor and supporting mods. My question is there any way to adjust suspension to keep it from wheeling so bad. It's got a slipper clutch but still wheelies as soon as you even look at the throttle. It's super fast but it wheelies so bad it taking the fun out of it

LOL....I got an RC like that ,but mine turns into the Tasmanian Devil an goes into a drastic donut eating machine!

Speaking of Stampede ,look what I found for one ,RARE peice!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Lane-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

LOL.....I don't even own a Stampede ,but put it on my watch list because it is rare ,also ,it is not a bad price for it ,if
someone wants to customize their trucks with parts that will be extinct an wont be had no more!

I just got done putting it on my watch list ,it is funny that someone just popped in with a Stampede thread ,
but anyway ,I don't know how to fix your wheely bad problem ,but a heavier extended chassy might!....:thumbs-up:

The piece is a work of art!....

In my real race car, and drag bikes, dirtbikes etc I can keep them from wheeling but everything I've tried so far on rc stuff it still wheelies really bad

In my real race car, and drag bikes, dirtbikes etc I can keep them from wheeling but everything I've tried so far on rc stuff it still wheelies really bad

Sense your into dirt bikes .have you seen any aftermarket for them by the name of Hardcore racing?....I am not sure
though if they are still going by that name ,but they use to make the best RC hop-up parts ,now those part are
rare an expensive ,they were in that Stampede era ,so you might want to look out for their parts as well!

the stampede has a really high center of gravity and alot of rearward weight, makes it kind of a hard one to tame down.

It's got a wheelie bar on it but at low speeds it hits the bar so hard all 4 wheels come off the ground and it rolls lol. It's got to be going about 25mph before I can go full throttle or it just wheelies and crashes

It's got a wheelie bar on it but at low speeds it hits the bar so hard all 4 wheels come off the ground and it rolls lol. It's got to be going about 25mph before I can go full throttle or it just wheelies and crashes

You can try changing the gear ratio on the pinion to a couple of teeth bigger ,that will calm the torque down from
off the line punch!.....:thumbs-up: