2021/03/13 Bash videos - ERBEv2 and stampede 4x4 with 4S and runcam2 onboard

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Got out again last weekend to run a bit locally, only had a couple hours so I didn't take the trip to the bmx track yet (1 hour drive each way). Was able to try out a new runcam2 for onboard use on my stampede 4x4. The audio was horrible, so I muted that, but the picture was pretty good. I had it set to 720p@120fps to better match my chest cam at 1080p@120fps. Since I just use it for PIP type footage, 1080 wasn't a concern. Just wish the audio wasn't so harsh... it clipped really bad and just hurt my ears any time the motor was spinning.

I made a few changes to my ERBEv2. Rebuilt the front shocks with #2 pistons, 60wt and traxxas blue springs, so now running standard #2 pistons and blue springs on both ends with 50wt rear/60wt front. Seems a bit bouncy, so may change the springs before running again to the next ones down. I don't want to go up in oil weight because then it will start damaging rod ends and bending the rocker posts every time I run. As it is, I replace rocker posts a couple times a year because they get tweaked pretty bad.

I also raised the rear by moving the pushrods into the closest hole on the tru-track arms. With the TBR skid and my 1/8" titanium wear plate, it seemed the tru-track arms had the truck sitting lower than the stock 2.0 arms causing it to bottom out constantly. It felt a lot better and was able to get some decent jumps to test out the tru-track arms on it. Best part was, no busted turnbuckles/ends on the rear for a change! I did break my TBR rear skid plate though, so will need to make a new one.

Back