2012 SX Season

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Well, were getting close. Just a reminder to all the fans here, Christmas day on CBS the 2012 SX preview show will be on, 2pm eastern I think.
I'm more excited about this season than any other. Last season was insane! This one will have more big hitters starting (hopefully). Guess we'll find out for sure on Christmas day.

Watch the preview show to be sure but he should be, I'm sure he's heeled from his outdoor wreck. He'll be a huge threat. I dont like him but he's real fast, scrubs almost everything he hits too.

Yeah no kidding. I think Reed is getting to where he takes it more serious and might not be as willing to throw it away as James, but only time will tell. As far as I know Barcia is not going to be on a 450 but still the lites class...Be interesting to see him handle a 450 on a SX track though since he was crazy fast on outdoors with one.

How can you not like Canard? Hes awesome. I don't like mr Bam Bam Barcia though he is to aggressive like stewart and rides a little over his head. I think this season is going to be Reed or Villipoto. I mean Dungey is there and stewart is just gonna crash so it doesn't matter anyway haha if canard can stay out of the hospital hes a strong competitor.

As bad as I hate to pull for KTM, Dungey jumped ship and took Decoster with him, so I suppose I'll have to. Damn traitor :hehe:

I have no idea who's on suzukis this year in the 450 class

Mike Allesi is back on suzuki, atleast he was at the US Open. Dungey did great then only having a few days on the ktm, but I dont see him being a leader if the rest of the guys stay healthy. Hopefully Stewart can work out his bugs because up until last year really he was almost always unstoppable and if he went down, it put him into turbo mode and he could still take wins.
Villa though and Reed are who I will be going for. Ryan doesn't let up AT ALL ever it seems, he gets a lead and doesn't stop pushing his bike until the race is over. I love watching him berm when the heat is on, not sure I've seen a better guy in the turns than him.

Youve missed out on alot of good racing then bro! McGrath was king, but the days of the GOAT (ricky Charmichael) was better racing, more competition for him to have to beat too in my opinion. No one will touch McGraths winning record ever but theres way more competition now than ever before, so many guys that can win. Plus the power of the bikes now is incredible compared to the 250's they ran then.

No Decoster jumped ship and took Dungey with him.... Actually I think Suzuki couldnt afford to pay Decoster enough anymore so he left if i understood it right.

Decoster started managing ktm's team in 2010. He was a big part in getting Dungey over to KTM. But Suzuki had so many little problems over the last 2 seasons for Dungey that I can't blame him for leaving at all.

Well I was a lot younger then and was still riding. I jumped all over a brand new 94 CR 125. I must have called the dealership every week for 2 months asking when they were coming out I traded in my 92 CBR 600 in for it! I saw McGrath race in Indianpolis that year too. It was so cool to see it in person the tv just doesn't do it justice!

Yeah I bet it was awesome.

Yep of course he blistered his heat race, but in the 250 main Jeff Emig cut him off in the first turn of the first lap and took the early lead but McGrath reeled him back in and passed him by the 5th lap and never looked back. Also did a nac nac over the finishline!

Emig is the announcer now for AMA supercross events...

Yeah and Damon Bradshaw drives monster trucks now. McGrath is driving a Pro 4 short couse truck. I have been catching a few of the outdoor races here and there when I can on SPEED channel or FUEL.

Yep, and Carmichael is struggling in NASTRUCK. Poor guy should have stayed on two wheels, but I can understand wanting to go out on top, and retiring when he had a family to raise.

Hmmm, did Barcia move up to the 450 this year? Any odds on whether Stewart races this season, and if so, how long before he and Reedy take each other out....again? :hehe:

haha True, true. I hope villipoto doesn't break himself RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME again this year. I was literally the fifth row in the STL race last year... that was an epic race. :)

^^^I bet that was crazy in person! He went down so hard.

Back