Indiana 2008 Joe's Hobby Barn, Terre Haute, IN

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basketcase45

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello everyone! Joe's Hobby Barn In Terre Haute, IN, will begin racing outdoor in early May. We will have a new track this year, hopefully including a dirt oval around the motocross style dirt track. Last year we added a new drivers stand- 8' to the deck and a amb transponder system. It doesn't support personal transponders; only the ones we will provide.

http://www.joeshobbybarnonline.com < That is a link to their website.The hobby shop is open 7 days 10am to 6pm; the # is 812 299 5773. From I-70, go south on SR41 four stoplights to Springhill, turn left (east) and go about a mile, Joe's is on the left, right before the RR tracks.We Race on Sundays; the track opens at 10:00am and racing begins at 1:00pm. We run 2 heats and a main event. The most popular classes (not in any particular order) at Joe's have been:

1/8 scale 4x4 Buggy
1/8 scale 4x4 Truggy
1/10 gas(nitro) truck 2wd
1/10 electric truck 2wd - stock and mod
Monster trucks 4x4 (electric will run w/ nitros)
Novice (run what you brung)

Joe's will run ANY class if there are at least three entrants, so if you and your buddies run 2wd buggies, 4wd electric buggy, 1/18th scale, or anything else, bring it and your friends and lets RACE!!

Hello again! Saturday,(tomorrow) April 12 at 3:00pm will be the Banquet at the Barn. If you race at Joe's, either Dirt or Carpet, come to the Banquet. It will be followed by a meeting of the "Short Circuit RC Club". We will be discussing this summers racing schedule and rules. So please come and give us your input on what you would like to see happen this summer.

Holy crap - One of the guys that works (or at least did) at Joe's hobby barn is the one that got me into this hobby! If it wasn't for him, RCNT probably wouldn't be around today.

Anyone in the Terre Haute area that hasn't been to Joe's you need to - it's a pretty nice hobby shop filled with all kinds of cool stuff!

-Michael

It sounds like they've got a great shop and a wonderufl environment to race in. I wish it was a little closer to home for me. I hope one day our club races and hobby shop take off like that.

Hello everyone! Well the track is nearly done. It has a HUGE oval going around the motocross interior of the track. There is a large table top right in front of the drivers stand and a large double, as well as some other hazards inside the oval. Our first race will be May 18th. If you are coming out to race, the tire of choice has been Proline Holeshots, but Bowties and Switches work OK too. You are welcome to come and see the track anytime the hobbyshop is open, you can run on it as well, just check in at the hobbyshop first. We will have a racing schedule out soon, and I will post it on here too. Come on out the 18th of May and give us a shot, Mark

One week 'till the first race! The track just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter, we have made large berms around the turns in the oval, and tweaked the pipes to make both tracks flow better. The Oval run-line is 320 feet! The offroad run-line is 475 feet!! Lots of room to open up the throttle! Come on out to Joe's this summer and try it out! You will find lots of friendly, smiling faces, and if you are a newby, lots of people willing to help. May 18th is the first race.

Do you guys have pictures of the track?

-Michael

Here is one pic.

The first race at Joe's will be tomorrow, May 18th. You can race offroad, oval or both.:yes::welcome_sign:

Attachments

• DSC04779.JPG
    DSC04779.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 165
Summer Racing

Hey everybody! Well now that the Holidays are out of the way, it will be pretty much non-stop racing for the rest of the summer, with the exception of Labor day weekend. Sunday, the 22nd of June, will be the next race, with racing every Sunday after, for the rest of the summer. September 28th will be the last race outdoors at Joe's. There is a points series in every class from now untill the end of the season, and the last day, Sep. 28th will be a cookout/party/ trophy day, with that day counting for "double" points. If you are looking for a family friendly track, you can't beat Joe's, come on out this summer for some exciting competition!

Ok since attendance has dropped off, and it is flaming hot, we have made a new plan for the rest of the season. There will be no races in August. You are welcome to come to the track and test and tune. Racing will resume in September, on the 7th. We will run a points series for 5 weeks, I'll call it " Last Blast of Summer Points Shootout at the Barn" lol Racing will be 5 weeks, the 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th of September and the 5th of October will be the last race. 1st place in the main will recieve 30 points, 28 for 2nd, 26 for 3rd and so on. top Qualifier in the heats will recieve 2 points. One throw-out week will be allowed. On the last day, Oct.5th, there will be a cookout/ party/ trophy day, and also that day will count for "double" points on the track. That gives us 4 weeks until racing begins, so tell all your friends, fellow racers, and newbys that might be interested in racing to get ready and come on out to Joe's in September for some great fun and some friendly competition.

Back