2 speed Tranny problem troubleshoot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobaloohoo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
transmission wouldnt shift, but now it does! but i wanna inform some people on 3 little screws I've never payed attention to, it will save your engines short lived life and tranny's teeth and bearings

there are 3 screws holding your middle gear in your tranny to the gear with the shift adjust points and such, i had those 3 screws come lose and scraped up my whole tranny gear setup, lucky it didnt freeze up my tranny and cause massive damage to other parts of the truck.

if you're ever stumped on your tranny not shifting and youve tried everything, strip your tranny, make sure your screws are tight and your "shift adjusting" screw is in factory location to start out. it never hurts to go back to factory on something that is messed with internally or externally.

Just thought id give some inside tips on what had happened to me the other day, hopefully this will come in handy!

Use lock-tite on those 3 little screws or chances are it will happen again. Seen it happen quite a few times.

i used some blue:)

Back