2.5r twisting driveshafts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yz250rider

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i noticed today that all 6 of my driveshafts are twisting. What driveshafts will fit? its an old pro.15 with a 2.5R. i was thinking of the stock 3.3 driveshafts but i think they might be too long due to the pro.15 short a arms and chassis. do worn driveshafts rob performance at all??

Last edited:
ok i broke a rear axal. I'm thinking of replacing the diffs too. will the new 3.3 sealed diffs work?? how about the axals and driveshafts? i just got my engine tuned perfect and i break an axal! go figure....

You'll have to upgrade to either the 2.5 arms or the 3.3 arms if your gonna run 3.3 axles. I would also upgrade to steel center driveshafts. The arms on the 2.5 and 3.3 are longer than the ones on the old pro .15. the good news is thay will bolt right up to the stock bulkheads unless you want to upgrade them too. In which case they also bolt right up to the pro.15 chassis.

The guy at my local hobby shop said i would need to upgrade to the 3.3 tranny and differentials in order to use the 3.3 axles an driveshafts. is this true??

I really dont see why you should I mean you've been running it with the 2.5 and the stock pro.15 tranny already haven't you? Unless you are having tranny problems then why change it? I'd say don't try to fix it if it ain't broke. I think the guy at your lhs is just trying to sell some parts. If you want to upgrade to the 3.3 tranny then go for it there are plenty of them on ebay for a lot less than what you'd pay at a hobby shop.