2.5 Pull Start doesn't start - with Vid -NEED HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nateb26

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just replaced my ez start with a pull start. It wasn't starting before and I thought my ez start wand batteries were going bad. I just installed a pull start and it wont start at all. it is primed, the power is on, glow plug works, just put in fresh fuel but it will not turn over. What am i missing here?? the only thing i can think of is there are a few air bubbles in the fuel line but nothing i would think would cause it to not start at all, any help is appreciated thanks. here is a link to the video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bNJ8peYnas&feature=youtu.be

watched your vid, and i'm stumped........are you using the small copper gasket on the bottom of your glow plug?

When is the last time you had it running?

I would put a new glow plug in it even though yours looks fine they can sometimes still be bad. I would also replace the fuel line and then set the needles back to stock settings and try it again.

watched your vid, and i'm stumped........are you using the small copper gasket on the bottom of your glow plug?

yes. and it is a newish glow plug and washer

---------- Post added at 7:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:41 PM ----------

When is the last time you had it running?

I would put a new glow plug in it even though yours looks fine they can sometimes still be bad. I would also replace the fuel line and then set the needles back to stock settings and try it again.

i had it running about two months ago. It had an ez start on it at the time but then one day it just wouldnt start up at all. I set the carb to the factory settings and havnt touched them since. I posted my troubles on this site but after i went through everything and it still wouldnt start i figured my ez start wand batteries were done with, and i finally got around to installing the pull start thinking this would solve all my problems.... so idk.

maybe i am priming it wrong. I tried plugging the exhaust and pulling the pull starter and i also tried the blowing on the tube method. It looks like fuel is in there and when i take the air filter off and pull the starter i can feel fuel lightly spraying out so i know it is getting fuel to the carb.

That would be the next thing I would try.

take your carb a part and pull the needles to make sure they are clean, sometime even the smallest amount of gunk can prevent proper fuel flow into the carb. is your glow plug wet when you take it out after trying to start ? could it be flooded ?

i sure hate pull starts at a time like this. Blisters with nitro in them! (ouch)

How long has the fuel been in it? Did it sit with fuel in it? Pull the air filter and spray some WD-40 in it while working the throttle, then spay it in the fuel line fitting. Try replacing the fuel lines, they get gummed up. It may look like fuels going through but the gummed up lines could be restricting it enough to stop it from starting. If you don't replace them, at least pull them off and spray some WD-40 through them, then pinch one end and slide to the other (trying to "squeeze" any gummed up fuel out.

The problem I'm hearing is your compression doesn't sound great plus the fact that you're pulling without having to try very hard to keep the truck down.

Maybe just your vid but in any case if you're at "factory settings" it's too rich. I'd lean the needles some and use the trim on your transmitter to open the throttle(need to have it on a stand with the wheels off the ground) then give it some pulls.

A way to test the compression theory is to prime some fuel directly into the carb. Then pull the fuel line loose(plug if necessary) and start pulling the starter. If there is enough compression to run it WILL eventually get the right mixture and run the prime out. It may take several pulls though.

Are you priming the line first as you did not in the vid.
Try that & richen the LSN a 1/2 turn from flush, aint no sense pullin on it with an empty carb line.

Are you priming the line first as you did not in the vid.
Try that & richen the LSN a 1/2 turn from flush, aint no sense pullin on it with an empty carb line.

yes it was already primed, just did not show it in the vid