2.5 Engine issues, or User Error?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
A few people have reported heat and starting issues with the 2.5.
I hope it is user error and nothing more.
I might have to go get one and find out.
Here
Here

i think there are more issues then that. I hear a lot of the carbs are sticking WOT. THis is do to the linkage no being smooth. Like anything that is new the will be a few quarks, but i a sure in time it will be fine.

I'm guessing it's a healthy dose of user error mixed with your typical new engine blues.

I notice there was only one mention of the idle set screw and a passing mention of the fact that these engines aren't designed to sit still and idle for minutes at a time. Guess they need to take a real good look at what it is they are doing...

Sounds like alot of people are not as happy as HW and OQ with their new maxxes, wow....what a surprise :rolleyes: This is a brand new engine and its not gonna tune and run like the old trx engine. A more powerful engine is and will be harder to tune properly, there is less of a margin for error on a high performance engine. My OS is harder to tune than my trx was, but man what a difference in power.

I believe that most of the issues are User error.
The 2.5 is a high performance engine being used by people with little or no nitro experience.
I'm sure it will have its bugs like all new products do. All we can do is keep our eyes and ears open.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
I'm guessing it's a healthy dose of user error mixed with your typical new engine blues.

I notice there was only one mention of the idle set screw and a passing mention of the fact that these engines aren't designed to sit still and idle for minutes at a time. Guess they need to take a real good look at what it is they are doing...
That'd get my vote too.

Originally posted by FastEddy
A few people have reported heat and starting issues with the 2.5.
I hope it is user error and nothing more.
I might have to go get one and find out.

Well FastEddy if you get one and have trouble its user error:D J/K

I think just like any new engine people need to learn how to tune it. If you always run O.S. and go out and by a Fantom your going to have to start from scratch with how you tune the new engine.

yeah my os is so much easier to tune. Even i can tune the os!!!!!
eyes.gif

Let me correct myself, I should have said fine tune, but it does hold a tune better. My TRX was so easy to tune it was sick. My OS is a little more tempermental as far as finding its sweet spot. Maybe its just my particular engine, but when I get it perfect, it RIPS! My OS also sems to be affected more by temperature change then my TRX was, again maybe its just my luck.

Did someone say "personality quirk"
Is fine tuening like "touch typing"?
One can never go to fast..:eek:

So, if i'm a touch typist, am I fine tuner?

Originally posted by FastEddy
Did someone say "personality quirk"
Is fine tuening like "touch typing"?
One can never go to fast..:eek:

Back