2.5 axles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tytmax

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
just got done installing a rear spool on my 2.5 tmaxx, during a normal bashing i broke both rear axles less than 15 mins later, my question is are the revo spec axles from a tmaxx 3.3 a direct swap and will they handle the extra stress, or should i invest in metal cvd axles? i plan on gearing it down for the extra torque so that would add even more stress i assume?

oh yeah the revo spec stuff is a must. the driveshafts are nearly twice the size. yeah they will fit

will the revo spec axles work with stock yokes and u joints?

with the revo spec stuff you replace everything from outdrive to wheel post. you will need different knuckles and turnbuckles to.

Does anyone have a link to everything that I would need?

So the CVD axles are worse than the new 3.3 stuff?

I had revo shafts in my tmaxx but the parts were given to me they are bigger and they did rub alittle so i just went to the next step and bought the steel cvd's so when I up grade to a bigger engine I'll have no issue's.

I got the MIP shafts they are alittle stronger and they do cost alittle more.But the traxxas ones work fine to and they come with the dust boots had to buy mine seperate.

so i got the revo axles, axle carriers, turnbuckles, on my second tank of gas i break a rear axle right were the lower u joint is, truck is a stock old 2.5 with a spool and 16 tooth spur gear, thought the revo spec stuff was strong........

anybody run the traxxas steel cvds with a spool and runs the truck real hard?

Either remove the spool or loosen up your slipper a little bit. I run a spool in my E maxx with no problems. My buddies got the same setup, but he refuses to loosen his slipper. He's broke cvd's. I run the stock drive shafts. All the spool does is make the truck handle crappy under normal driving conditions. It's fun when your climbing something going slow.

No but why don't you give me the link to the ones you have. So I don't buy them.

did you loosen up your slipper because with the spool and tight slipper if you run it hard you will continue to have problems no matter which steel cvd"s you have. So loosen up your slipper alittle and you should be ok.

i backed off the slipper a bit more and ordered 2 steel cvd's so i should be ok removing the spool is not an option i love it

Back