2.5 axles breaking

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregM784

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
:whhooo:

So, i put a spool in my t-maxx. I have gone thru 4 rear axles in 10 minutes of run time. Checking them during the first couple minutes, they are twisting apart at the end that is nearest the differential.

Could it be just the spool? The first two were on my lawn, the next one was on gravel, and the fourth was on a very slippery rc track (almost p-gravel on it, very slippery)

I figured the lawn claimed the first two for too much traction...the gravel was odd, but ok, and the last one on the slippery dirt is confusing.

Is there somethign else going on? it isn't always the same side, everything 'looks' ok on the truck, no binding, stuff is in alignment, etc.

Any ideas?

I've thought of that. Even priced them. What breaks next? I like the spool for traction, but my LHS runs out of stock of plastic axles. :(

Have you hosed anything else when you went to steel? Should i do the drive shafts too?

also, where did you get yours?

not yet its to cold to run it right now.

sorry about that. 70* here, blue skies, sun. :( i'll shut up now. hehe