2.4 GHZ Radios

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MudSlinger33

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Thinking about switching over to a 2.4 ghz system, just wondering what you guys are using and maybe some good brands that are also inexpensive. Thanks

Futaba 4pk. But I used to use Spektrum dx3r and a dx3. My dad has a traxxas 2.4 for his slash and its actually a nice radio in my opinion. I also have used a Spectrum dx3E several times and they are a nice radio too for $100 but unfortunatly they are only one model memory.

I have a Spektrum DX3.0, a Venom 2.4, and the Losi 2.4. The Venom and Losi radios are cheap, but they still work good. If you don't need to run multiple vehicles, model memory doesn't do you much good, but it's nice to have if you expand your collection. With the DX3.0, you can get basic 3-channel receivers from Horizon Hobby for about $50, probably cheaper on eBay.

What do you guys think about Tower hobbies radios. Its 80 bucks for a transmitter and receiver but I'm not sure about the quality.

This is the Venom that I have, I would buy another one of these, before buying a store brand Tx/Rx, and I can tell you that this one works good.

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=8184

It's cheaper, too.

Or look at the Losi MTX Pro, you'll have to buy the Rx separately, but it's a Spektrum system with Losi badging.