2.2 Pimp Cane Clod

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I ran it in its first Comp. Did very well. I just had some bad luck. I rigged my steering links and it showed 1/2 way through the course. I walked the first 1/2 no problems. Then my steering would only turn to the left and only while backing up. So I had to take points on reverses just to turn. Well after pointing out on one gate and trying the next. I took the 5 repair point to fix it. Instead of fixing the links I just through in a stronger servo to get by. Finshed the last 1/2 even easier. I ended up in 3rd place. Just 4 points behind 2nd place. So if I didn't have to do the repair. I would have had 2nd. And then if I didn't have to back up a million times and point out on a gate. I could have easliy snagged 1st. Never know.

Newest Upgrades... After Comp

*Lowed Servo for better Steering angles
*Alumn 1in Servo arm
*Kept the MG945 Tower Pro Servo. ( One tuff servo for sure)
*Order a set of Custom Made beadlocks made of solid Derlin. They are also made to make the track width as narrow as possible.

I'm getting another set of 2.2 Jordans made just a hair wider to see if they work even better. Not sure way. They worked flawless at the comp. Just like them so much. I have talked with Pro-Line and they show interest in making the 2.2 Jordans. I hope they do. Will be cheaper on me in the future.

Pic's from the Comp. I forgot my camera and my buddy had his setting wrong for part of the comp. So lot didn't turn out good. But here is what he got.

http://4wdthunder.net/Crawling/Cosmo Comp/index.html

Mr. run2jeepn,

is there any new update? I just love your design.. any things happening 2u & the crawler?:)

He hasnt been on since 08.............

Mr. run2jeepn,

is there any new update? I just love your design.. any things happening 2u & the crawler?:)

Clod based rigs have pretty much died, along with this chassis.

Clod based rigs have pretty much died, along with this chassis.

thanks guys. I've seen him in the rc4wd forum ... with somekind of new invention for me. (or is it old style??) .. bull chassis... i don't know.. I'm newbie with crawling...

i wish to learn more crawling.. i thought someone can help me here... thanks anyone :)

Just browse around and if you get some questions feel free to start a thread and we will be happy to help but lets let this thread move on.

thanks there. will stop here and open newbie thread then . thanks. again.:D

Pimp Canes come what ever wheelbase you want. No Other chassis on the market does that. 2.2's are very popular..They are just funner to drive and a little cheaper to build. The only thing about the Pimp Cane is you have to learn how to drive it. It's not like anything you have drove before. It reacts like nothing you have ever driven. So it's like starting all over.

I got a 2.2 on a trade and this is my first crawler rig. So having no previous crawl experience i piked this vehichle up and rite off the bat I'm already out crawling my dads $700 kyosho rockforce rig. The pimpcane is an outstanding setup. i was wonderin if yall have any suggestions on different axle assemblies and gear cases. My gears are about shot and i am lookin for some more clearance. Are theyre and aplicable axles setups that use a smaller pumpkin or completely eliminate the pumpkin. Also i eoulf like for them to not be plastic. Thanks paul.

Last edited:
As long as your a good driver, a Berg, Bully, nice setup axial or Losi will all out do this rig, imo. Bad ass 3 years ago yes, but the products out now days are just better. The best thing about this rig, in my opinion is the chassis, other than that its dated.

Last edited: