1st tank in T-Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddrod

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just got done with my first tank in my t-maxx and noticed it is really jumpy and idling high is this normal until the break in period is done.....what is the presses in breaking in other than the instructions that come with it and should I follow those closely????

Yes the twitching and high idle are normal. The twitching is from an internal clutch in the transmission meant as a safety for switching from forward to reverse. You should be able to adjust the idle and get rid of most of the twitching but it will always have some. Most people including myself,think that the Maxx is a better truck if you install a forward only kit in the transmission. That will eliminate the twitching all together.

.....what is the presses in breaking in other than the instructions that come with it and should I follow those closely????

Do you mean process? I beleive the heat cycle is a better method,read the sticky about it in the Engines and Motors forum.

It depends on which t-maxx you have, the 4908 and 4907 are forward only out of the box.
You should close the idle gap down a little bit, but use the info in here as well as your owner's manual to do it right.

where can i get the kit to switch to forward only??

Thanks rak12 i found one on Amazon for $12 bucks...So i basically take out the reverse servo and do away with that poop??? any tips or instructions would be greatly appriciated

Yes you will lose the reverse servo and linkage. As far as any tips or suggestions, I can't help much, my maxx was forward only out of the box. Someone else here will probably chime in here sooner or later. Also if you search past threads, you may find previous threads that are helpful.

Back