1st Rc.... HELP!!! PLS!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcNewb05

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey. names mike. I'm kinda new to the nitro rc hobbie. well i just bought a Traxxas Rustler With the 2.5 Racing motor a couple days ago. (Broke it in properly.) I was doing some bashing yesterday and i think i messed up the trans... i give it gas and it doents move, just revs up. Then it ran out of gas. Then i disconnected the ez start wiring to remove the trans. when i connected everything and tried to start it, it wont turn over, all u hear is the electric motor from the ez start. Piston is not broken..... Can Some one plz help.:\

if the engine is not turning when you try to start it the piston is probably stuck at TDC you can heat it up with a hair dryer and then try to start it.

Hi Mike,
seems like you have a few problems.

why do you think you messed up the trans?
slipper clutch could be loose
spur gear could be bad due do incorrect mesh
did you check the mesh when you first got the truck?

you hear the motor from the ez start?
is it spinning or clicking?

piston is not broke?
did you take apart the engine?
did you pull out the glow plug and try and turn it over?

did you look at the one way bearing

any pictures of the gears or the engine?
let us know

Mayrider- The Piston Moves, Took off the whole exauhst n could see the piston move when i spin the gear.

MR4X4KING- idnt know the name of the gear ubt its the big black one thats on side of the engine is gone, what i mean by that is its no centered. when it spins it moves in a "oval". not in a perfect circle.
the motor from the easy start just spins.. but it doesn't turn the motor.
piston is good.
I did not take the engine apart... Yet.lol
Yes i did pull the glow plug out n tried turning it over.
I even thought it was flooded so i unflooded it. and wasn't flooded
One Way Bearing?
No pics yet. but i will in a lil.
another thing, idk if this will help with the trans but my friend hit a tree a help the gas like a doofus and the rear tires were on pavement. tires werent spining, but the motor was. so i slapped his hand off the trigger and ran to my truck, whn i picked it up there was a lil bit of smoke coming from the big black gear i mentioned earlier..
any of this help? pulling out the manual to get names of the parts.

You need a new spur gear and probably hooked the ez start wires up backwards.

You need a new spur gear and probably hooked the ez start wires up backwards.

I agree with needing a spur gear

I would unbolt the motor and try the ez start
if the wires are correct and it spins and does not spin the moto then you will have to remove the ezstart to access the one way bearing.
you can try and clean it and try it and make sure it grabs like it suppose to

then once you put the spur gear on you can set the gear mesh

Wow... i feel dumb.. the positive and negative on the ez start was backwards.lol
motors turns over now, but wont start yet... no gas is goin to the carburator. Why?
thinking of going to my hobby shop.?
could my rc be flooded? both lights light up on the ez start. so i know the glow plugs good.

When you tore it down, did you take the EZ-start off of the engine? Did you prime it, plug the exhaust?